The Student Room Group

A-level Economics or A-level Geography ??

Hi everyone, can anyone give me some advice as to whether I should choose Economics or Geography at A-level. I'm equally interested in both and in quite a dilemma. My other A-levels are Biology, History and Psychology could anyone tell me out of Geography and Economics which one would complement my other A-levels the most or which one is more respected by universities. I don't know what I want to do at university and im thinking perhaps Economics will be more beneficial to me as it will show a wider range of skills whereas History and Geography are both humanities. Please help, I need to submit my options by July 1st. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by PG799
Hi everyone, can anyone give me some advice as to whether I should choose Economics or Geography at A-level. I'm equally interested in both and in quite a dilemma. My other A-levels are Biology, History and Psychology could anyone tell me out of Geography and Economics which one would complement my other A-levels the most or which one is more respected by universities. I don't know what I want to do at university and im thinking perhaps Economics will be more beneficial to me as it will show a wider range of skills whereas History and Geography are both humanities. Please help, I need to submit my options by July 1st. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I would personally suggest geography. Geography is a facilitating subject, so it's more highly favoured by universities than economics (although you've got 2 facilitating subjects already, so you could get away with taking economics if you wanted to!). Geography also goes quite well with biology, which would be helpful I think!

The one you choose is up to you though of course! :smile:
Geography is more facilitating but you already have two facilitating subjects.
I do Economics but not Geography. (I wanted to though but my college didn't offer it.)
Economics is interesting.
Are you sure you want to do your other subjects. I would do both Geography and Economics.
I do Psychology which is alright. Psychology might go well with Biology.
Reply 3
Original post by Kholmes1
Geography is more facilitating but you already have two facilitating subjects.
I do Economics but not Geography. (I wanted to though but my college didn't offer it.)
Economics is interesting.
Are you sure you want to do your other subjects. I would do both Geography and Economics.
I do Psychology which is alright. Psychology might go well with Biology.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice.
Original post by PG799

Have you any idea what you want to do at university?
Reply 6
Original post by Leviathan1741
I would personally suggest geography. Geography is a facilitating subject, so it's more highly favoured by universities than economics (although you've got 2 facilitating subjects already, so you could get away with taking economics if you wanted to!). Geography also goes quite well with biology, which would be helpful I think!

The one you choose is up to you though of course! :smile:

Thanks for the advice.
Reply 7
Original post by Edminzodo
Have you any idea what you want to do at university?

No idea at the moment, I haven't really given it much thought.
Reply 8
Original post by haqe321
Is Economics considered a soft subject? If so is A Level Maths, FM, Computing, Economics a strong combination.

I don't think Economics is considered a soft subject, but its not seen as a facilitating subject, whereas Geography is. Also, thanks for your suggestion.

Quick Reply

Latest