Original post by the bear
why does the ticket say "Remain" ?

here are the latest odds:
brexit11.png

What do you mean? I'm betting on us voting to Remain within those margins
Original post by Fenice
What do you mean? I'm betting on us voting to Remain within those margins

sorry i thought you were just voting to leave :teehee:

i shall have a bet nearer the Grand Jour when the odds will be even more favorable for Remaining.

bonne chance mon vieux :pierre:
really? remain has had a sudden surge in the wake of the murder of jo cox
The most recent polls are really split. I don't think there's any point speculating any more, we'll just have to cast our ballots and wait.
Reply 24
Original post by the bear
sorry i thought you were just voting to leave :teehee:

i shall have a bet nearer the Grand Jour when the odds will be even more favorable for Remaining.

bonne chance mon vieux :pierre:

Yeah I am buy I think Remain will have a narrow win

Thank you my furry friend
Reply 25
Original post by Proximo
All the signs suggest we will be voting for brexit in a few days time. Which is, imo, is very upsetting.

Not ALL the signs:

Bookies odds are shortening significantly for Remain

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 14.27.24.jpg

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/chance-vote-leave-reaches-highest-level-ever/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fenice
You don't seem to understand how gambling works

I only glanced at the odds but they looked heavily in favour of remain. However going by my readouts the odds against leave have halved. If you bet earlier on that you would have gotten pretty good odds for your money. It's much like dealing in shares in that respect or ebay and sniping but sometimes reversed. If you can respond to the news or get the news faster than the bookmakers you can beat them on the odds. You can also manipulate the news. Say remain in the polls but then later bet on leave. The odds slightly adjust to how much is dumped on them but it's not actually fully proportional like traditional betting was before fixed odds and you can also spread it across multiple vendors to reduce the response (although usually people just migrate to whichever has the highest odds, dump on that one, it'll go down, migrate to the next highest, etc).
Ok so should I be placing a bet?
Reply 28
Original post by MrControversial
I only glanced at the odds but they looked heavily in favour of remain. However going by my readouts the odds against leave have halved. If you bet earlier on that you would have gotten pretty good odds for your money. It's much like dealing in shares in that respect or ebay and sniping but sometimes reversed. If you can respond to the news or get the news faster than the bookmakers you can beat them on the odds. You can also manipulate the news. Say remain in the polls but then later bet on leave. The odds slightly adjust to how much is dumped on them but it's not actually fully proportional like traditional betting was before fixed odds and you can also spread it across multiple vendors to reduce the response (although usually people just migrate to whichever has the highest odds, dump on that one, it'll go down, migrate to the next highest, etc).

See the post above you :wink:
Reply 29
Original post by Platopus
Ok so should I be placing a bet?

You'll know on Friday... :wink:
Original post by jneill

Think I'll save my money - not a gambler
Reply 31
Original post by jneill

Have you placed a bet jneill