The Student Room Group

How rich do you want to become at the peak of your career?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Trapz99
£400000 hopefully but I would be happy with £150000

So you wouldn't be happy with £100000?
I don't see why people seem to want to earn £100000+? No one needs that much.
Original post by Ladbants
Ah yeah, that was another guy.

But best of luck to you. I hope to earn a lot as well!

Ahh, fair game.

Cheers, best of luck to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by squish562

You don't know how the economy works, do you? People get paid based on how much employers need them and how valuable they are to the employer, not based on how much money they need to live. For example, traders paid a lot because they earn a lot of money for the bank and the banks need to give them a good share of that profit to stop them from going somewhere else. Actuaries get paid a lot because insurance and pensions companies need their skills and expertise. Doctors get paid a lot because their skills are in high demand.

Price is determined by supply and demand, not on how much you need in order to live.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Earing £100 per second would be amazing:colondollar:

Keep dreaming .
:colone:
Original post by Trapz99
You don't know how the economy works, do you? People get paid based on how much employers need them and how valuable they are to the employer, not based on how much they need. For example, traders paid a lot because they earn a lot of money for the bank and the banks need to give them a good share of that profit to stop them from going somewhere else. Actuaries get paid a lot because insurance and pensions companies need their skills and expertise. Doctors get paid a lot because their skills are in high demand.

Price is determined by supply and demand, not on how much you need in order to live.

This^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Want at least 100k a year minimum
:hoppy:
I just want to be happy in my job. I currently am-for-the-most part.

More-so satisfied than happy. As unfortunately working in SEN in education is an uphil battle with complex need-types being ignored/under-helped due to the massive underfunding and problems faced by external agencies that are meant to take up the bulk of the burden.

I'm currently earning less than 9K per year, but i'm satisfied, the job is fufilling. Nothing better than having a student/former student quote something you said that they remember that has helped them out in their lives. For me that means something.

Alas it is not sustainable, one day my savings will reach a critical point (living in the south-west) and i'll probably have to do something else. But in the meantime i'm attempting some business ideas in an attempt to keep my head above water.

Best regards
Francis
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Keep dreaming .
:colone:

I will
But reslistically about £50K to £70K
I would be happy with earning £50k a year.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I will
But reslistically about £50K to £70K

That is a comfortable salary nearly 5k-6k coming in each month.
:banana:
Reply 31
Original post by squish562

Don't they? Unless you get a handout, do you know how much it costs to buy a house in London (assuming you don't want a mortgage for the rest of your life)? Do you know what the take home is on 100k? Do the math bro.

Original post by Trapz99
You don't know how the economy works, do you? People get paid based on how much employers need them and how valuable they are to the employer, not based on how much money they need to live. For example, traders paid a lot because they earn a lot of money for the bank and the banks need to give them a good share of that profit to stop them from going somewhere else. Actuaries get paid a lot because insurance and pensions companies need their skills and expertise. Doctors get paid a lot because their skills are in high demand.

:ahee:
Original post by M1011
Don't they? Unless you get a handout, do you know how much it costs to buy a house in London (assuming you don't want a mortgage for the rest of your life)? Do you know what the take home is on 100k? Do the math bro.

:ahee:

They do earn a lot compared to the majority of people.
Original post by Princepieman
Ahah, commenting on the frequency of these threads :tongue:

Eh, it's the earning potential of those fields. Might not get there, in fact I might plateau or get burnt out but the potential is still there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not firing shots at you because I think you're probably one of the most organised and committed people I've seen, but it was funny when you commented about money obsession and then said seven figures aha
Enough so I could quite my stupid career if I wanted to.
I think I want to do a PhD and become an academic in some field of civil engineering. Maybe like £70,000 when I'm much much older. Dual income seems great - I'd love a wife who earned decent money and I'd be extremely happy. Hahaha I can't believe this is my thought process
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
Lol why the money obsession?

If life goes perfectly, mid six to seven figure income (stay in finance/consulting and rise to partner/MD or achieve an exec role in a bigger public company)

or

Several mil in net worth from my own company (start and grow my own tech company, IPO or M&A are exit points).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like we're heading the same way - time I got to know you a little better :P
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Not firing shots at you because I think you're probably one of the most organised and committed people I've seen, but it was funny when you commented about money obsession and then said seven figures aha

Ahaha, I was actually waiting for someone to comment on the irony :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Results
Looks like we're heading the same way - time I got to know you a little better :P

Nice one man, hit me a PM whenever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really depends which route I take and where life takes me :smile:
But potentially/hopefully net worth of 10m + if all goes to plan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending