The Student Room Group

Are year 12 exams over and are u guys on holiday now?

So since ur exams r over u dont go to sixthhform till next year right???

Curious and need this info urgently lol thnx (year 11 asking)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellamoon_22
So since ur exams r over u dont go to sixthhform till next year right???

Curious and need this info urgently lol thnx (year 11 asking)

i have one more exam left and even if i didnt no we can't go home we start A2 tomorrow ive heard of other schools doing this as well im not sure if this is because of the new specs but idk
I've still got exams left but everyone else has finished in my year.
We started learning A2 stuff since Monday.
Reply 3
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
i have one more exam left and even if i didnt no we can't go home we start A2 tomorrow ive heard of other schools doing this as well im not sure if this is because of the new specs but idk

Wow so they dont let u go till like end of july???

Anyway thnx for the reply
Exams finished weeks ago but we went back last monday and are now doing A2 work until July.

Much Fun :ahee:

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by Pentaquark
I've still got exams left but everyone else has finished in my year.
We started learning A2 stuff since Monday.

Oh okay thnx for the reply
In Year 12, after exams had to go back for 6 weeks of A2.
Reply 7
Started A2 work last Monday :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Salamandastron
Exams finished weeks ago but we went back last monday and are now doing A2 work until July.

Much Fun :ahee:

Spoiler

Lol that sounds so dead i actually thought u guys would be out partying or having fun. My gcse exams finish this wednesday and i have a very late sixthform interview so was hoping the school wouldnt be packed with lots of students (the school/sixthform is massive lol)

Anyway good to know
Original post by SeanFM
In Year 12, after exams had to go back for 6 weeks of A2.

What I'm going thru rn :colonhash:
Reply 10
Lmao that sucks, i skipped all the A2 lessons when year 12 ended. Really no point going in, it's just background **** to what you need to learn. Besides, the people who actually do go in can just send you stuff, or pretend you went on holiday/grandparents sick and email your teacher for work to do over summer
We had to start A2 work but we finish this Friday (so we only had 3 weeks after half term) and even the, I only just had my last exam on Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
We had to start A2 work but we finish this Friday (so we only had 3 weeks after half term) and even the, I only just had my last exam on Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do u think its worth me reading the specifactions and getting a jist of what im taking near the end of summer. Maybe i can start reading some books (im taking english lit)??

Is the jump that big..?..i want really good alevel grades lol
Do u think its worth me reading the specifactions and getting a jist of what im taking near the end of summer. Maybe i can start reading some books (im taking english lit)??

What other subjects are you taking? I don't do English lit so I can't offer English specific advice but yes, the jump is gigantic and you will probably fall over at the beginning and do badly - but in general, it's not worth reading up over the summer, I don't think. You'd rather enjoy your summer, go to sixth form, receive the proper teaching and work hard and still get good grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hefty11
Lmao that sucks, i skipped all the A2 lessons when year 12 ended. Really no point going in, it's just background **** to what you need to learn. Besides, the people who actually do go in can just send you stuff, or pretend you went on holiday/grandparents sick and email your teacher for work to do over summer

Your attendance drops if you do that...and WHY would you rather do work over the summer when everyone else is enjoying their holidays? Just go in and stick it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

I was doing english literature for A2, just finished it last friday.
Tips i'd give :

1) Read your books, like for real, you need to read the, do not leave it to the last minute
2) memorise quotes
3) when you do your coursework, get it read by lots of people
4) Practice past papers, might be dead but its good to improve the way your write.
What other subjects are you taking? I don't do English lit so I can't offer English specific advice but yes, the jump is gigantic and you will probably fall over at the beginning and do badly - but in general, it's not worth reading up over the summer, I don't think. You'd rather enjoy your summer, go to sixth form, receive the proper teaching and work hard and still get good grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thnx for the advice and yhh with the subjects im taking i probably will **** up

Im doing english lit, chemistry, graphics and art(lol)
Reply 17
Your attendance drops if you do that...and WHY would you rather do work over the summer when everyone else is enjoying their holidays? Just go in and stick it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Attendance really doesn't matter in A2, unless you meet the minimum grades for your predicted grades then it doesn't matter (unless your in a prestigious sixth form ofcourse). And It's not really necessary to do that A2 introduction, they go over what you did at the beginning of September.
Original post by Hefty11
I was doing english literature for A2, just finished it last friday.
Tips i'd give :

1) Read your books, like for real, you need to read the, do not leave it to the last minute
2) memorise quotes
3) when you do your coursework, get it read by lots of people
4) Practice past papers, might be dead but its good to improve the way your write.

Thank you for the tips
Thnx for the advice and yhh with the subjects im taking i probably will **** up

Im doing english lit, chemistry, graphics and art(lol)

I do chemistry and it's so bloody hard :s-smilie: - during the year, if you don't get something ASK - don't leave it to the night before the exam and loads of practice is required - also, organic chemistry will be the death of you.

Also... if you think you're gonna fail them, maybe do something that you're better at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest