The Student Room Group

Is religion a form of racism?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

Exactly! (note underscore biology)
They call that bigotry which is overused and misused today.
Reply 22
Original post by FredOrJohn
A human brain is not a brain washed thing, thoughts come in from all over the place, without any real way of stopping it. You are living in denial if you think your thoughts are always "organised religion" thoughts. They go all over the place.

Human thoughts and behavior are influenced by their environment/ the people they are with. If you reject this then YOU are in denial. For example, if i grow up in a family full of thieves, never go school and lets say my home town in Detroit, chances are im going to steal too. I dont think the only thoughts people have are about religion, i was just simply relating back to the post. I gave the example of tribes who are cut of from society, if you look at them then they worship random, different things. It human nature to worship and fear a stronger/ mystical being. Be it the yeti or a half man half tiger. What we worship and fear though all depends on the environment we live in. If i didnt.dont live in detroit with such an enviroment, maybe i could/ would become the next alan sugar.
Reply 23
Original post by Stormz1
Human thoughts and behavior are influenced by their environment/ the people they are with. If you reject this then YOU are in denial. For example, if i grow up in a family full of thieves, never go school and lets say my home town in Detroit, chances are im going to steal too. I dont think the only thoughts people have are about religion, i was just simply relating back to the post. I gave the example of tribes who are cut of from society, if you look at them then they worship random, different things. It human nature to worship and fear a stronger/ mystical being. Be it the yeti or a half man half tiger. What we worship and fear though all depends on the environment we live in. If i didnt.dont live in detroit with such an enviroment, maybe i could/ would become the next alan sugar.

No because all of that is not against the main theme of the thread.
I do think environment is clearly important and my thesis, if you want, is that an environment is far more complex and chaotic to be labelled and indeed labelling is bad..

Just as some doctors like to say "there is no such thing as mental illness" (as a label) I think the same should be for religion/no religion. The labels etc and organisations behind them are possibly nonsense
No. Unless that's religion was based on assuming or sterotyping a race then no. Im no expert on religion or majoring in religion but don't popular religions believe everyone is the same under one super natural being?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending