The Student Room Group

scly3 global devlopment 2016

hiya guys I made his thread in hope that someone can make or help me make predictions for this paper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MOST LATESTEither 0 7 Evaluate the role of non-governmental organisations in the process of development. [33 marks] or 0 8 ‘Some countries become rich because others stay poor.’ To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view? [33 marks]
Either 0 7 ‘Neo-liberal and world system theories provide helpful explanations of development in the world today.’ To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view? [33 marks] or 0 8 Evaluate sociological arguments and evidence relating to the future of global population growth. [33 marks]
EITHER 0 7 Evaluate the contribution of Marxist theories to our understanding of the processes of development in the world today. (33 marks) OR 0 8 ‘Aid is a tool used by rich countries to give them power and influence over poorer countries.’ To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view? (33 marks)
EITHER 0 7 ‘Development often leads to increased inequality, and increased inequality inevitably leads to wars and conflicts.’ To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view of development in the world today? (33 marks) OR 0 8
Assess the view that poor countries will always stay poor. (33 marks)
guys, i can bet my money that modernisation theory will come up.. and gender
Are those past questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are you so sure?😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlotte_Ma
guys, i can bet my money that modernisation theory will come up.. and gender

If they both come up then I take my imaginary hat off to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone got an environment essay i can look at?
Reply 7
Original post by Charlotte_Ma
has anyone got an environment essay i can look at?

is tht likley to come up????????????
Reply 8
i have a feeling it may be modernisation 33 essay
What about globalisation? That hasn't come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hasn't modernisation already come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lolpool

Doubt it, im really bad at that topic though. My teacher told us that Modernisation theory and gender will come up. And war and conflict may pop up as an 18 marker or urbanisation.
But i noticed that measuring development and globalisation (the first topic) hasn't come up that much.
So stressed about tomorrow😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
i know its last minute but does anyone have any essays i can quickly skim through? :frown: i just cant revise right now
Reply 14
Original post by hillzer121
So stressed about tomorrow😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too , because i have to do really well in this as crrime and deviance is much harder imo
Reply 15
how many paragraphs are good for 18 and 33 marker
Reply 16
Has anyone got any good example essays for Modernisation and Dependency and any other Global development topics? Please
Reply 17
I'm so worried about this exam I hope modernisation theory comes up I'm not confident for most of the topics I was meant to get an A but that's virtually impossible now
Original post by Guffguff
I'm so worried about this exam I hope modernisation theory comes up I'm not confident for most of the topics I was meant to get an A but that's virtually impossible now

Exactly how I'm feeling!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lolpool

It was last years question so very unlikely. I haven't revised it so it better not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending