The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 3 (ECON3) 20th June 2016 OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamyes
yeah i have model answers from previous students that went to my school but unfortunately i doubt i would be allowed to show it to you without their permission,sorry.

Oh okay, that's fair enough:smile:
Reply 101
How much do you guys write for the 25 markers? Never know how much to write. Also how would you do/structure a 25 marker on contestable markets if it came up? I am pretty confused by it and I am pretty sure CBA will come up and I would need to avoid that so I have 2 essay options left.
Reply 102
Anyone? What's the chance that both contexts this year will be more business economics as opposed to the classic intervention stuff? Last year neither 25 was really on business economics so does anyone think perhaps aqa might do it the other way this year? I really hope not as I hate business economics haha.
Original post by samm98
Anyone? What's the chance that both contexts this year will be more business economics as opposed to the classic intervention stuff? Last year neither 25 was really on business economics so does anyone think perhaps aqa might do it the other way this year? I really hope not as I hate business economics haha.

Not sure about both, but 90% sure it will be for one, considering that's 75% of microeconomics lol.
in the context questions in the 15 markers do we need to apply it to extract. or do we just explain the thoery or issue they have asked us without referring to extract?? I'm really confused
Reply 105
Original post by 16characterlimit
Not sure about both, but 90% sure it will be for one, considering that's 75% of microeconomics lol.

Yeah I'd be surprised if they did both on either of them tbh but last year both the 25 mark essays weren't really business economics which makes me wonder if they'd reverse it this year and do basically both on business economics aha.
Ok just realised but what on earth is the difference between equity and equality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anymorefor123
Ok just realised but what on earth is the difference between equity and equality

Posted from TSR Mobile

Equity = fairness
Equality = the degree to which society is equal
Original post by charanjittt
in the context questions in the 15 markers do we need to apply it to extract. or do we just explain the thoery or issue they have asked us without referring to extract?? I'm really confused

Theres no 15 markers in the context section, only a 5 and a 10, in both of which you do need to refer to the extracts.
Original post by doshea1311
Theres no 15 markers in the context section, only a 5 and a 10, in both of which you do need to refer to the extracts.

sorry i meant 10 marker
Original post by charanjittt
sorry i meant 10 marker

yeah you do need to refer to the extract, at least twice to guarentee the marks. thats what i always stick by
Is anyone able to give me an example of a CBA question that might come up as people seem to be predicting?
Original post by NotoriousS
Is anyone able to give me an example of a CBA question that might come up as people seem to be predicting?

They could do the Heathrow/ Gatwick extra runway

If they ever do ask a q on it it'll pretty much discuss the advantages /disadvantages of using a CBA.. to investigate say Hs2 project should go ahead or not .

Posted from TSR Mobile

evaluate the usefulness of a cba for the government to invest in nuclear power at hinkley.
Original post by Anymorefor123
If they ever do ask a q on it it'll pretty much discuss the advantages /disadvantages of using a CBA.. to investigate say Hs2 project should go ahead or not .

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would you go abouts writing a question on CBA? like what points would you make? what evaluative points? What else can you refer to in the syllabus?
How would you go abouts writing a question on CBA? like what points would you make? what evaluative points? What else can you refer to in the syllabus?

Eval:
that it's impossible to calculate all the costs and benefits and give them a monetary value (shadow prices and discounting would have to be used)
Opportunity cost
Crowding out
Original post by samm98

theres pretty much always going to be a govt intervention question. its literally 50 per cent of the course so they wouldnt not put it in.
Reply 118
Good luck everyone .. I am attempting this exam with one days revision .. and I need an A

Pray for me
Reply 119
Original post by soLit
Good luck everyone .. I am attempting this exam with one days revision .. and I need an A

Pray for me

good luck man you got this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending