The Student Room Group

Maths Calculator Paper (9-1) Mock

Hello,
Just wondering if anybody knows what topics I need to revise for a calculator maths GCSE 9-1 mock paper?
Thanks!
Are you sure you're doing the new spec for the year 10 mocks? Because I recently did mine and they gave us an old spec paper.
Reply 2
Original post by 4475039
Hello,
Just wondering if anybody knows what topics I need to revise for a calculator maths GCSE 9-1 mock paper?
Thanks!

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/grade2.html

This may be helpful.
Original post by 4475039
Hello,
Thanks!

are you also doing a the new gcse mocks? you can search for aqa specimen papers online
Original post by Daydreamer3
Are you sure you're doing the new spec for the year 10 mocks? Because I recently did mine and they gave us an old spec paper.

how do you know it wasn't the 1-9 maths
Reply 5
Original post by Daydreamer3

Oh, I'm not sure - it very well could be I just presumed it might be so I wanted to revise that stuff just in case!
Reply 6

Thank you very much!
Reply 7
Original post by theBranicAc
are you also doing a the new gcse mocks? you can search for aqa specimen papers online

Thanks! Have you done any maths 9-1 mocks yet/ have any mocks coming up?
Reply 8
You are more likely to get a old spec paper. I am in year 10 recently did non calculator mock and it was from old spec.
Reply 9
Original post by Fnt1klo
You are more likely to get a old spec paper. I am in year 10 recently did non calculator mock and it was from old spec.

Ok thanks :smile:
how do you know it wasn't the 1-9 maths

Because it clear said May 22nd 2016 on the paper which is the old spec. And you can tell a difference in the content for the new and old spec.

Do you know where I can find the Issue 1 specimen papers because I can only find the Issue 2 ones and we have already done them in class
Thanks
Reply 12
They recently released "GCSE (9-1) Maths Mock Question Papers and Mark Schemes" on their website and it was my mock this morning,
Its pretty difficult...
Reply 13
Original post by Pepsin2
They recently released "GCSE (9-1) Maths Mock Question Papers and Mark Schemes" on their website and it was my mock this morning,
Its pretty difficult...

These are only available for teachers, for any student wondering.
Original post by notnek
These are only available for teachers, for any student wondering.

Yeah just finished my last mock paper today it was pretty hard but somehow i manage to answer really well..none of the questions really stumped me they had :tongue:robability
invariance
Trigonometry sine rule to find to sides
similar shapes
number problems/ratio
algebra(forming equations)
rearranging formulae and substitution
sneaky simultaneous equation described as thinking of 2 numbers what was my number.
area (surface area)
constructions disguised like a bearing question
completing the square (easy)
box plots/interquartile range how do you calculate it
median of frequency data intervals
speed distance time
weird tangent question aswell
Original post by elastic14
Yeah just finished my last mock paper today it was pretty hard but somehow i manage to answer really well..none of the questions really stumped me they had :tongue:robability
invariance
Trigonometry sine rule to find to sides
similar shapes
number problems/ratio
algebra(forming equations)
rearranging formulae and substitution
sneaky simultaneous equation described as thinking of 2 numbers what was my number.
area (surface area)
constructions disguised like a bearing question
completing the square (easy)
box plots/interquartile range how do you calculate it
median of frequency data intervals
speed distance time
weird tangent question aswell

which paper are you talking about
Original post by Theexterminator
which paper are you talking about

aqa paper 3
does anyone have the topics for edexcel paper 3
Original post by Theexterminator
does anyone have the topics for edexcel paper 3

Ratio, Percentages, Area of a rectangle and circle, money problems, indices, upper and lower bounds.
Algebra:
Quadratic equations, iterative sequences, functions and composite functions, squaring brackets and matching graphs to equations.
Geometry:
Angles in polygons, compound measures, similar shapes, volume, trig and circle theorems
Statistics and probability:
Frequency polygons, tree diagrams and box plots.

I hope this helps and give me a follow if you need any help with any other subjects !

Quick Reply

Latest