The Student Room Group

Retaking y13

okay so at this point i'm fairly sure that i have failed physics, i am currently taking chemistry maths and physics. so basically what can i do? i really dont think that im even doing to get a d in physics ive really done that bad, i need bbb for uni and i think i may be okay in maths and chemistry. now i know that the spec for aqa physics has changed, am i still able to resit it next year? will my sixth form even let me resit year 13?
Original post by WTF_AM_I_DOING
okay so at this point i'm fairly sure that i have failed physics, i am currently taking chemistry maths and physics. so basically what can i do? i really dont think that im even doing to get a d in physics ive really done that bad, i need bbb for uni and i think i may be okay in maths and chemistry. now i know that the spec for aqa physics has changed, am i still able to resit it next year? will my sixth form even let me resit year 13?

You can still resit old spec papers & mine does so im sure your sixth form will!
Original post by Ayaz789
You can still resit old spec papers & mine does so im sure your sixth form will!

its okay to resit the year isnt it, like i know i *ucked up but idk like will everyone be disappointed in me and idk, i dont even know why ive done so bad in physics i feel like i need a reason to retake and explain myself but i cant really think of one
for the new course they will not allow it because its a two course I'm in the same problem as you inbox if u find a solution that can help me to thx
its okay to resit the year isnt it, like i know i *ucked up but idk like will everyone be disappointed in me and idk, i dont even know why ive done so bad in physics i feel like i need a reason to retake and explain myself but i cant really think of one

Yeah its fine to resit next year but work hard next year!

It is unlikely that you will be able to retake year 13 at sixth form as they are now teaching new specifications and practicals that don't match what you have learned. You will only find out for sure by asking them. You will however be able to retake some of your old specification physics exams as a private candidate next summer. You will need to self study but this should not be too challenging if it is your only objective. Your sixth form may accept you for the exams, if not then other centres probably will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest