The Student Room Group

Official M1 OCR 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Do people think that exam was easier, harder or average compared to last year?

Also, what would 60 marks get?
Well, my M1 did not go too well... over-complicated few questions and generally frustrated by the maths exams this year, as I've worked bloody hard for them and I consider myself good at maths. In C1, I got 60 (out of 72), in C2 - 65/72, in M1 - 52/72... not great... Would I still be able to get an A overall in AS, or is it defo a B? I really don't want to resit next year...
Reply 62
Original post by Nikita_2313
Well, my M1 did not go too well... over-complicated few questions and generally frustrated by the maths exams this year, as I've worked bloody hard for them and I consider myself good at maths. In C1, I got 60 (out of 72), in C2 - 65/72, in M1 - 52/72... not great... Would I still be able to get an A overall in AS, or is it defo a B? I really don't want to resit next year...

C1 and C2 in my opinion are definitely As. M1 is a low B. That gives you a UMS of 248 which is an A by a comfortable 8 UMS.
Reply 63
oh my that was the hardest paper i'd ever done in my life. OCR have well and truly ruined any chances of me getting into uni lol, let's just hope c3 and c4 are better!
Original post by flirps
oh my that was the hardest paper i'd ever done in my life. OCR have well and truly ruined any chances of me getting into uni lol, let's just hope c3 and c4 are better!

good luck :smile:
Original post by SGHD26716
Do people think that exam was easier, harder or average compared to last year?

Also, what would 60 marks get?

60/72 would be an A in I think almost every past paper so unless the grade boundaries are quite a bit higher than usual it should be an A
Reply 66
Original post by truenorthener
60/72 would be an A in I think almost every past paper so unless the grade boundaries are quite a bit higher than usual it should be an A

What do you think grade boundary would be?
Original post by SGHD26716
What do you think grade boundary would be?

I'm hoping about 58 or 59 for an A
How many marks would I get if I got 97.2 degrees using cosine rule, even though the angle is wrong?
Reply 69
Original post by DarkKnight3
How many marks would I get if I got 97.2 degrees using cosine rule, even though the angle is wrong?

Sorry to say but zero
What do you guys think 100 ums might be?
Original post by swagmister
What do you guys think 100 ums might be?

70 or 71 I reckon
Original post by duncanjgraham
70 or 71 I reckon

That seems pretty high. I'm hoping about 68 or 69
Original post by duncanjgraham
70 or 71 I reckon

I thought it would be high 60s
Do we get to choose if we swap an exam result to go into maths or further maths to get better grades or does OCR do it automatically for us?
Original post by swagmister
I thought it would be high 60s

That seems a bit better
Reply 76
Do we get to choose if we swap an exam result to go into maths or further maths to get better grades or does OCR do it automatically for us?

OCR use an algorithm to make sure we have the highest grade in Maths and FM. Then, your highest scoring modules go to Maths. Basically, you can't get a C in maths and A in FM
That seems pretty high. I'm hoping about 68 or 69

100 ums is high :P
Does anyone know what 47 or 48 might be? In terms of UMS?
Original post by jeevanr21
Does anyone know what 47 or 48 might be? In terms of UMS?

Maybe about 65 or 66 I think. About a mid C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending