The Student Room Group

How rich do you want to become at the peak of your career?

Scroll to see replies

What about paying tax XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul
Ahh that explains a lot

You'll think differently at 18, then more different at 22 and differently again when you're married with children :h:

Money does matter if you want to be able to afford at least the basics of life...

Haha... I am more mature than you think! I totally understand where your coming from.
Of course money matters for essentials, and I'm not saying that you don't need a lot of it.
All I'm saying, is that money buys you happiness, if you are happy and satisfied right now,
then you have enough money and should start developing spiritually as well as economically...
Original post by blueribbons99
What about paying tax XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

THANK YOU!!!! These guys don't have a clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I had your confidence :cry2:

I wouldn't call that confidence
Original post by blueribbons99
What about paying tax XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd pay whatever they want from me gladly :h:
I'd pay whatever they want from me gladly :h:

Even if it was spent haphazardly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Even if it was spent haphazardly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by haphazardly?

The way I see it, I was practically raised by others' taxes and I have a duty to give back when I start earning myself :yes:
What do you mean by haphazardly?

The way I see it, I was practically raised by others' taxes and I have a duty to give back when I start earning myself :yes:

That's a fair motive

I mean if it were spent on unnecessary junk like deterrents, immoral R&D on bio weapons, overpriced infrastructure projects etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a fair motive

I mean if it were spent on unnecessary junk like deterrents, immoral R&D on bio weapons, overpriced infrastructure projects etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but you don't get a choice though. You have to pay in, no matter whether you agree with it or not.
That's a fair motive

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, yes of course.
I can't help that it'd be used for schemes I don't particularly like, but that doesn't mean I should deprive schemes that I do support of my taxes :smile:

As if my taxes would contribute much anyway :redface:
Around 30,000-35,000 would allow me to lead a very comfortable life.
I just want to be a professor in life sciences/biochemistry or work in a research institute.Ill be happy with any salary that comes with it.
Original post by Ladbants
At the peak lf your career, how much do you want to be earning annually? How will you get there?

50K would be amazing. But right now I'm not making much money at all. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending