The Student Room Group

Foundation/ Higher tier B3 Exam Tier Change?

My teachers thought I was capable of only doing Extension B3 at foundation level simply because I was only getting Bs and As in mocks. Surely that's still better than a C? I find the higher exam better so will I be able to change my tier of entry tomorrow morning, on the day of the exam?
Original post by macher-kriss
My teachers thought I was capable of only doing Extension B3 at foundation level simply because I was only getting Bs and As in mocks. Surely that's still better than a C? I find the higher exam better so will I be able to change my tier of entry tomorrow morning, on the day of the exam?

Yeah most people in my year doing Triple got a C or below in the B3 mock we had and everyone's doing Higher, you should be able to change it :smile:
Original post by student2607
Yeah most people in my year doing Triple got a C or below in the B3 mock we had and everyone's doing Higher, you should be able to change it :smile:

Thank you!
So I just ask when we're in the exam hall?
Thank you!
So I just ask when we're in the exam hall?

Probably before just to be sure, maybe get to school a bit early :smile:
Original post by student2607
Probably before just to be sure, maybe get to school a bit early :smile:

I will do that. Thank youuu!!
All the best in your exams if you have any :smile:

I dont think you can change like that, as it's been registered by your school and all other necessary events have taken place. Also, im pretty sure the latest someone can be entered form an exam is april/march.
Original post by 1jonam16
I dont think you can change like that, as it's been registered by your school and all other necessary events have taken place. Also, im pretty sure the latest someone can be entered form an exam is april/march.

But I asked for higher, so surely I should be allowed to change as it should be my choice in the end.
Also, I've seen someone changing tier on the day, and it was simply given to them. They claim there was no problem, but I'm thinking that they may be more strict since it is extension and that was additional.
Anyway, I guess tomorrow morning will tell whether I am allowed to do it or not XD
I will let you guys know if I'm successful or not for future reference:smile:
Reply 7
Don't know why teachers don't let students do higher.In our school only people who get A/A* in mocks and other test can basically do higher tier for science.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply