STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Insight314
I've got my first A2 Physics exam tomorrow! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I've got WJEC PH4 :smile:.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Same, I've got WJEC PH4 :smile:.

Good luck to both of us! Is your offer an A or an A*? Mine is an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mech practice trumps complex number/vector/geometry practice for STEP III.

Do you agree?

Also, how is physics going? I've got my first A2 Physics exam tomorrow! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA? 25 marks multiple choice ezpz (unlike Unit 5...)
Mech practice trumps complex number/vector/geometry practice for STEP III.

Do you agree?

Also, how is physics going? I've got my first A2 Physics exam tomorrow! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm generally yes maybe due to the amount of questions. But personally no since I can normally get fulls to those.
Erm not great tbh, only did some decent revision today lol. Tbh cudnt care less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to both of us! Is your offer an A or an A*? Mine is an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well there's like 4 different offers but I only need an A since one of the offers is A*AA, 1 in any STEP, and I'm pretty sure I've got a 1s in I and II (so I only need A in FM too XD). One of the other offers is just A*A*A* lol.
Original post by sweeneyrod
AQA? 25 marks multiple choice ezpz (unlike Unit 5...)

I am OCR.

Seems like quite a few exam boards have their Unit 4 Physics tomorrow, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well there's like 4 different offers but I only need an A since one of the offers is A*AA, 1 in any STEP, and I'm pretty sure I've got a 1s in I and II (so I only need A in FM too XD). One of the other offers is just A*A*A* lol.

A*A*A*...

Do they think they are Cambridge or something?

Let me guess.. Imperial..

Posted from TSR Mobile
A*A*A*...

Do they think they are Cambridge or something?

Let me guess.. Imperial..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope Warwick lol, (Imperial insurance though).
Tbf you can get A*A*A with 2 in any paper, that's pretty soft compared to Cambs XD.
Original post by physicsmaths
Erm generally yes maybe due to the amount of questions. But personally no since I can normally get fulls to those.
Erm not great tbh, only did some decent revision today lol. Tbh cudnt care less.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All right m8. I am probably gonna immerse myself with mech questions this Wednesday and Thursday morning, so I am ready to deflect the **** Siklos throws at me.

It is scary to think that after this Thursday I will have a good idea whether I am in Cambridge this October or not. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope Warwick lol, (Imperial insurance though).
Tbf you can get A*A*A with 2 in any paper, that's pretty soft compared to Cambs XD.

My offer is A* in FM and A in Physics, and 1/1 in STEP II/III. They didn't even ask for Chemistry, yet taking it for the bants (I love Chemistry, don't think I am a '25-exam-in-two-months masochist')

Seems like Churchill liked me more than they liked you... shoots fired. I am obviously joking. :biggrin: When you come for Part III make sure you choose Churchill again, OK?

Also, I can't remember if I've asked you this already, but who was your interviewer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2010
Roughly how many marks would showing the error on. Q8 be worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2011
Original post by fa991
Roughly how many marks would showing the error on. Q8 be worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probs 4-ish.
My offer is A* in FM and A in Physics, and 1/1 in STEP II/III. They didn't even ask for Chemistry, yet taking it for the bants (I love Chemistry, don't think I am a '25-exam-in-two-months masochist':wink:

Seems like Churchill liked me more than they liked you... shoots fired. I am obviously joking. :biggrin: When you come for Part III make sure you choose Churchill again, OK?

Also, I can't remember if I've asked you this already, but who was your interviewer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will probably make that offer :frown:.

If I come for Part III I'll probably choose a different college lol, with Churchill it'd just be bad, bad memories...

Yeah you have asked me before, and I believe my interviewer (Dr Caulfield) was different to yours. He seemed to have given up on me even before the interview (after he'd seen my test full of silly mistakes and scribbles). Love how they didn't even give us any paper to write on, had to write everything around the questions on the test...
I will probably make that offer :frown:.

If I come for Part III I'll probably choose a different college lol, with Churchill it'd just be bad, bad memories...

Yeah you have asked me before, and I believe my interviewer (Dr Caulfield) was different to yours. He seemed to have given up on me even before the interview (after he'd seen my test full of silly mistakes and scribbles). Love how they didn't even give us any paper to write on, had to write everything around the questions on the test...

Seriously? What sort of test was it? Lots of short answer or longer problems?
Original post by tridianprime
Seriously? What sort of test was it? Lots of short answer or longer problems?

Lots of short answer multiple choice sort of questions. They were nothing like STEP which I was fairly good at by then, much more maths challenge/MAT short question style where it was generally one trick you needed to see to solve each one.
Which means that you get killed by the other applicants if you make mistakes since many people will get most Qs right.
Lots of short answer multiple choice sort of questions. They were nothing like STEP which I was fairly good at by then, much more maths challenge/MAT short question style where it was generally one trick you needed to see to solve each one.
Which means that you get killed by the other applicants if you make mistakes since many people will get most Qs right.

I was concerned they were trying to get you to right up long solutions in the margin of the paper. That would be painful.
Reply 2016
Original post by Zacken
Probs 4-ish.

Right, ty

Are you only talking about the first section? As far as I can remember, second section had pretty similar to STEP questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you only talking about the first section? As far as I can remember, second section had pretty similar to STEP questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found that the Qs from the second section were pretty short too, just harder.
I found that the Qs from the second section were pretty short too, just harder.

STEP = long questions? What?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending