The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Salamandastron
Anxiety happening :redface:
:goodnight:

Are you okay? What is it you're thinking about?

Night :smile:
Original post by selenmer
Can someone please tell me how i can getover a really bad exam i took on thursday, im literally still going over it in my head and i feel like bloody crying every time i think about it ahahahhahaha i think im going mad like wtf and i dunno yh

:console:

I know what you mean, bad exams are the worst and it's terrible when it affects how you feel for days after.

Step one would be to try saying 'no' or kind of blocking out thoughts of the exam in your head. If that doesn't work, distract yourself with other things, be it... playing games or watching football or whatever.

Also remember that, for most things, exams average out, so one 'bad' performance might not completely screw you over. Also, you never know how many marks/UMS you'll get from the exam. Lastly, worrying about it (as easy as it is to) isn't going to change your grade for the better - to do the best you can, you have to focus on whatever exams you have in the future. It helps to remind yourself about the things you're looking forward to in the future, as well as what you actually need or want from your exams/grades, where you're planning to get to and how much work it takes. And try to get a study pattern going - those really help - and get enough sleep.

:hugs:
Wow
Original post by SeanFM

I know what you mean, bad exams are the worst and it's terrible when it affects how you feel for days after.

Step one would be to try saying 'no' or kind of blocking out thoughts of the exam in your head. If that doesn't work, distract yourself with other things, be it... playing games or watching football or whatever.

Also remember that, for most things, exams average out, so one 'bad' performance might not completely screw you over. Also, you never know how many marks/UMS you'll get from the exam. Lastly, worrying about it (as easy as it is to) isn't going to change your grade for the better - to do the best you can, you have to focus on whatever exams you have in the future. It helps to remind yourself about the things you're looking forward to in the future, as well as what you actually need or want from your exams/grades, where you're planning to get to and how much work it takes. And try to get a study pattern going - those really help - and get enough sleep.

Wow. I didn't even ask the question but its helped me anyway - thank you Sean!
Original post by titfortat
Wow

Wow. I didn't even ask the question but its helped me anyway - thank you Sean!

Original post by SeanFM

Thanks so much for this! I really appreciate your words :smile: it's just i flipping worked my butt off for that exam and it just was terrible , and it's kind of frustrating because I know that i need top grades for what I wanna do and then I also think about those stupid teachers who made my life hell this year. I guess i'm also too hard on myself lol , you're completely right about the whole worrying thing, i obviously should just move forward because in the end we will always get to where we wanna be and lol letters on a piece of paper don't define us and yh I should be happy with what I've got anyway.

Thanks again :smile:
cba to go school tomorrow :bawling:
Thanks so much for this! I really appreciate your words :smile: it's just i flipping worked my butt off for that exam and it just was terrible , and it's kind of frustrating because I know that i need top grades for what I wanna do and then I also think about those stupid teachers who made my life hell this year. I guess i'm also too hard on myself lol , you're completely right about the whole worrying thing, i obviously should just move forward because in the end we will always get to where we wanna be and lol letters on a piece of paper don't define us and yh I should be happy with what I've got anyway.

Thanks again :smile:

I know what you mean - it's like you worked down and then you're let down by a bad exam and maybe teachers who couldn't have been better. (Also, with school/lessons/life, if ever you feel like teachers aren't that great then it's best to go off and study on your own and shape your own future - self teaching is a useful skill to have.)

Exactly, you're right.to think about it like that.

It is okay to feel disappointed somewhat but after exams, just really do your best to enjoy yourself and let whatever happens on results day, happen.

What do you want to do in the future, by the way? :h:
Yes you're right! Whatever happens, happens
I'd like to do medicine but wasn't successful this year so gap year for me
@CoolCavy thank you for the kind visitor message, it made me smile. I can't seem to reply though?
Yes you're right! Whatever happens, happens
I'd like to do medicine but wasn't successful this year so gap year for me

Ah right, good luck! :borat:
Are you okay? What is it you're thinking about?

Night :smile:

Just about tomorrow really :redface: got stuff to do and cba with the stress of it all :shot:
night night :hugs:

@CoolCavy thank you for the kind visitor message, it made me smile. I can't seem to reply though?

I think Cavy has her vms shut :yes: which means you can't post on them but i'll tell her you said thanks :hugs: x

:yawn:
Original post by Salamandastron
Just about tomorrow really :redface: got stuff to do and cba with the stress of it all :shot:
night night :hugs:

I think Cavy has her vms shut :yes: which means you can't post on them but i'll tell her you said thanks :hugs: x

:yawn:

ah okay. Let me know how tomorrow goes?

oh right okay, thank you so much, much appreciated :smile:

hehe that yawn emoji makes laugh haha 😏
have a lovely nights sleep :h:
Reply 1052
???
Original post by RobML
???

Are you okay? If not, would you like to talk about it? :smile:
Reply 1054
Are you okay? If not, would you like to talk about it? :smile:

Not sure.
Original post by RobML
Not sure.

oh okay. Is it something on your mind that's hard to get rid of?
I'm sad because nobody wants to be friends :sad:
Original post by Ras' Al Ghul

Aww, where? :hugs:
Wasn't going to post seeing as I am taking a break off TSR but I feel like a broken person and I've never sunk so low before, I've hit rock bottom and honestly I think my life is over and I'm not saying it for attention, I can just feel like I've messed up everything and I can't ever be the same ever again.
Original post by Ras' Al Ghul

yes i do :innocent:

Spoiler

Original post by Rhythmical
Wasn't going to post seeing as I am taking a break off TSR but I feel like a broken person and I've never sunk so low before, I've hit rock bottom and honestly I think my life is over and I'm not saying it for attention, I can just feel like I've messed up everything and I can't ever be the same ever again.

:hugs: x
hope everything is okay :cute:

Latest