The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ras' Al Ghul
What's the excitement about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biggest game in NBA history in 30 minutes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Game 7 NBA Finals bro... :colonhash:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Insanely hyped beyond belief. About to witness greatness. :biggrin:

I am starting to genuinely feel sick lol
Original post by Rhythmical

Aww you weren't patronising in any way :hugs: you're so lovely and I feel bad for stealing the thread

Awww hun :hugs: well i just find that when people say stuff like 'hope you will be ok' idk how to take it but i mean it genuinly :lovehug:
sshhh dont be silly :slap: this thread is for everyone and those in the most need :lovehug:

night night (i will acc go at some point :redface:) xx
Original post by MrDystopia

I know how you feel lol, I never thought I could feel this way about a single game before. :colonhash:
Reply 1085

This will kinda be long lol, just warning you :tongue:

I don't mind as long as it helps
I try not to, but I've become so sensitive and vulnerable and most of the time it's people in class because when I say I could achieve decent grades they say I'm being stuck up and I guess school is pushing me into do an English degree when I really don't want to and applications for ucas have began and I don't want to apply this year

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being confident! Telling yourself you'll get decent grades is actually admirable considering how insecure people tend to be nowadays regarding their studies. I've found it's rare that there are people out there who say "yknow, what? I'm gonna ace this subject!" so keep it up! :smile:
If your teachers are pushing you to apply for something you don't want to, please try and find a senior staff member who will be able to help. In no way, shape or form should they ever stop you from doing what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with wanting to defer your uni entry. Have you spoken to your parents about the pressure teachers are putting on you? Maybe they could ring up and have a chat with your school?
(edited 7 years ago)
Biggest game in NBA history in 30 minutes!

:woo: I'm excited for you. :biggrin:

I don't know about you but as a Cavs fan I feel confident and also like an underdog at the same time... it's a really weird feeling lol. I just don't know what to expect.

:woo: I'm excited for you. :biggrin:

Thanks buddy :biggrin: Feel free to pop into our thread at any time, it'll probably be constantly at the top for the next 2 hours!
X

Have one of these :hugs:, remember that you're amazing and take no notice of your detractors :h:
It's mostly school Sean I would say, what we discussed last week (sorry for not replying to your VM) I shut them off for a reason I guess, it's to do with that as I feel confused and angry at the same time. Sometimes I feel like there is no point me doing anything because either I mess things up or people say that I'm being stuck up for actually believing I could achieve decent grades.

Some people in this world are absolute *******s. I could go for the clichéd 'they're the ones that you have to prove wrong' but I would just say - **** them. If someone tells you that you're not going to achieve what you want to then they can clear off.

I mess things up to - I know how you feel. It can leave you full of regret or perpetually face palming or cause you to want to give up. I get that. But mistakes are the things that you learn best from, not when you get things right, and if you focus on the now rather than the present or the future (to some extent) and don't give up/just keep moving, the brokenness/emptiness feels like it isn't there, most of the time. Even if no one else will, I do believe in you.

:hugs:
Insanely hyped beyond belief. About to witness greatness. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Steph Curry FMVP :colone:
Original post by blackened_sky
Steph Curry FMVP :colone:

Sorry I don't know who that is :colondollar:
Original post by Mochassassin
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being confident! Telling yourself you'll get decent grades is actually admirable considering how insecure people tend to be nowadays regarding their studies. I've found it's rare that there are people out there who say "yknow, what? I'm gonna ace this subject!" so keep it up! :smile:
If your teachers are pushing you to apply for something you don't want to, please try and find a senior staff member who will be able to help. In no way, shape or form should they ever stop you from doing what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with wanting to defer your uni entry. Have you spoken to your parents about the pressure teachers are putting on you? Maybe they could ring up and have a chat with your school?

Thank you. :smile: I don't want to apply altogether to be fair this year, a year out is what I need but I suppose I was the most excited and enthusiastic to apply to uni and yet here I am, finally changing my mind. People will probably say I'm indecisive or I'm too old now to choose my career path.

Original post by Indeterminate
Have one of these :hugs:, remember that you're amazing and take no notice of your detractors :h:

Thank you :hugs: I try not to let them get to me but I just break down and they get to me..

Lool wth? :lol: You need to chill MrDystopia! :h:
I don't know about you but as a Cavs fan I feel confident and also like an underdog at the same time... it's a really weird feeling lol. I just don't know what to expect.

Same feeling. Dubs are the favourites (And rightfully so given the entire season) in my eyes..but then damn Lebron is scary :_:

Thanks buddy :biggrin: Feel free to pop into our thread at any time, it'll probably be constantly at the top for the next 2 hours!

Sorry girls don't like basketball but I may just stop by still just to see what's up :colondollar:. Who should I support?
Sorry I don't know who that is :colondollar:

:O... Nobody important. Just the greatest basketball player on the planet.
Original post by eden3
lool wth? :lol: You need to chill mrdystopia! :h

The nerves bro.
Original post by eden3
:O... Nobody important. Just the greatest basketball player on the planet.

I thought that was the Jordans guy?

Latest