The Student Room Group

A level as a private candidate

Hi I wanted to ask that could I do A Levels Physics,Chemistry,Math as a private candidate in Pakistan and if yes how will my practicals be done.Thanks
Original post by mohammedafridi
Hi I wanted to ask that could I do A Levels Physics,Chemistry,Math as a private candidate in Pakistan and if yes how will my practicals be done.Thanks

Yes, you can. You need to find an exam centre where you can sit your exams, are there any British international schools near you? If not, contact the British Council (I'm sure they have an office in Pakistan) and ask if they have a list of A level exam centres in your country.

You need to find an exam board which either doesn't have practical exams, or find a way of doing the practical at home. I know that the National Extension College offers home study A levels which let you do experiments at home using household items.
I just checked the Cie website yes there are British school.Thanks
Original post by Snufkin
Yes, you can. You need to find an exam centre where you can sit your exams, are there any British international schools near you? If not, contact the British Council (I'm sure they have an office in Pakistan) and ask if they have a list of A level exam centres in your country.

You need to find an exam board which either doesn't have practical exams, or find a way of doing the practical at home. I know that the National Extension College offers home study A levels which let you do experiments at home using household items.

Quick Reply

Latest