The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics U4 IAL (WPH04/1)

Scroll to see replies

what did you do on the last part of the ex. with the capcitors the one that youneeded a calculation
Reply 41
Original post by christinasa
what did you do on the last part of the ex. with the capcitors the one that youneeded a calculation

1/Time constant
Original post by Zacken
1/Time constant

If i only found time constant how many marks do i get?
Reply 43
It's 32 pages! But I think some questions are in past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
lol, I've literally forgotten the paper. :/ How did you all find the last question's last two parts though?
Reply 45
Original post by Zacken
1/Time constant

I gave time constant and said discharging is 3-5 times greater than that value, which still gave a small time value which I said the ammeter will not show sufficiently . Would I get any marks for that?
(edited 7 years ago)
how many marks for 90 ums,
Reply 47
Original post by Zacken
Yep, Q16 also came up as Q11 in ours. Q15 came up in ours as well. It's basically the same paper with different numbers.

Dunno what the deflection bit you're talking about is. Are you talking about the last question about exiting the field? If so, it exits at C.

Momentum change = 2p.

Why exits at C not D?
Reply 48
Original post by Zacken
1/Time constant

Why do we need to divide one by RC?
was A o B was the path of electron
Reply 50
Original post by nimesh007
was A o B was the path of electron

I wrote A
Original post by tgygt
I wrote A

same here, what will b the mark for 90 ums
Hey, I think you'd get full marks for the 5RC method. That's what I did. I think 1/RC is a trick they want you to fall for but don't worry should be fine.

For the cushion force-time graph, I drew a wider lower peak? Is that correct?
Reply 53
Original post by highschool
Hey, I think you'd get full marks for the 5RC method. That's what I did. I think 1/RC is a trick they want you to fall for but don't worry should be fine.

Lower peak with longer collision time
I also start the graph 0.1s after the collision starts as the question says it takes 0.1s for airbag to detect and inflate
Original post by highschool

yah i thnk so,becz even i drew the same thng, i thnk it will b same grade boundaries like in june 2015, 68 for an A*
Reply 55
Original post by tgygt
Why exits at C not D?

r = mv/bq. m is 4 times as big, but q is only twice as big. So r_(new) = 2(r_old). i.e: it has a larger radius.
Reply 56
What are the differences between cyclotron and linac?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending