This poll is closed

Grade Boundary Estimate (For A)

65-70 24%
60-65 55%
55-60 21%
50-55 0%
45-500%
Total votes: 78
How did it go? I thought it was much easier than previous years!

*This is for edexcel GCE not IAL.
Reply 1
Yea everything were pretty much asked in previous years paper, but I'm a bit unsure for the particle detector q, what did u get for part 2- diffraction one and 4- how the ionized hydrogen atom leaves no track?
Reply 2
For the diffraction one I got that the wavelength was basically the same as the crystal structure or whatever was stated earlier in the question, so I said that it would cause diffraction as the wavelength was about the same size.

For the ionised hydrogen I said that it did not move and so did not produce a track.
Reply 3
What was everyone's % for the capacitor charge? Everyone in my class seemed to get something different... I got 33%
Reply 4
Original post by kyraaalm
What was everyone's % for the capacitor charge? Everyone in my class seemed to get something different... I got 33%

I got about 16.7 % ! not sure about that. and uh, did any of you use hc/lambda for the wavelength?
Reply 5
Original post by extreamedice
I got about 16.7 % ! not sure about that. and uh, did any of you use hc/lambda for the wavelength?

Oh well, hopefully I've picked up some method marks!
Yep, you had to work out the velocity first and then sub it in
Reply 6

33%as well . but I am not sure the shall we use Cmax as denominator or C when d=3.5mm......
Reply 7
i got 33.3 too :smile: i did the (normal-extra )-(normal+extra)x100%/ (normal-extra)
Reply 8

I think even we are wrong, we will still have 2 marks for working out Cmax and Cmin...
Reply 9
Original post by jjjzzz
I think even we are wrong, we will still have 2 marks for working out Cmax and Cmin...

the question asked what was the maximum % decrease that could be allowed and so you only had to work out Cmin (@4.2mm) and compare it to the capacitance at 3.5mm, I remember getting an answer of 16.75%?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jjjzzz
33%as well . but I am not sure the shall we use Cmax as denominator or C when d=3.5mm......

33% too - I was unsure about what percentage they wanted us to find!
How did you guys work out the radius of the cyclists' curvature? I tried Fsin(theta) = mg and Fcos(theta) = mv^2/r but that game an answer of 4.5 cm :argh:
I got 16.67% too!

I got 20m (ish) for the radius!

I screwed that 5 marker for momentum bad 😂

Whats everyone thinking for grade boundaries?
Original post by musahmad
How did you guys work out the radius of the cyclists' curvature? I tried Fsin(theta) = mg and Fcos(theta) = mv^2/r but that game an answer of 4.5 cm :argh:

I did tan (angle) x mg = mv^2/r
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
I did tan (angle) x mg = mv^2/r

yeah i realised now that i swapped the sin and cos the wrong way in the exam, 3 marks gone
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
I got 16.67% too!

I got 20m (ish) for the radius!

I screwed that 5 marker for momentum bad 😂

Whats everyone thinking for grade boundaries?

Grade boundaries probably quite high tbh.. 67 for A*? Because that's what it was last year

Quick Reply

Latest