The Student Room Group

Pride in London - 2016 - All you need to know!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by thunder_chunky
So when's straight pride month?

Oh, don't start.

Ridiculous notion.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Always.

We should have a specific month too.
Original post by ivybridge
Oh, don't start.

Ridiculous notion.

So are you saying that straight people shouldn't be allowed a straight pride month in which to celebrate being hetero? That's pretty discriminatory.
Reply 62
We should have a specific month too.

So are you saying that straight people shouldn't be allowed a straight pride month in which to celebrate being hetero? That's pretty discriminatory.

No, it isn't.

When heterosexual people have been discriminated against on the basis of their sexuality, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual people have been shot or raped or stabbed or beaten up for being straight, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual people have had to fight for the right to marry and have sexual relationships with their partners, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual teens have a (LGB) 20-odd% and (T) 40-odd% suicide rate, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual people are kicked out of their homes by their families for being heterosexual, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual people have had to fight for their right to be who they are as straight individuals, then we can have Straight Pride.

Until that time comes, you can accept that you have no reason for Pride.
No, it isn't.

When heterosexual people have been discriminated against on the basis of their sexuality, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual people have been shot or raped or stabbed or beaten up for being straight, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual people have had to fight for the right to marry and have sexual relationships with their partners, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual teens have a (LGB) 20-odd% and (T) 40-odd% suicide rate, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual people are kicked out of their homes by their families for being heterosexual, then we can have Straight Pride.

When heterosexual people have had to fight for their right to be who they are as straight individuals, then we can have Straight Pride.

None of those are requirements to justify a pride March. Straight people have just as much right to express their pride. To express their joy at being straight. Its time to end the special treatment and exclusivity.
Reply 64
None of those are requirements to justify a pride March. Straight people have just as much right to express their pride. To express their joy at being straight. Its time to end the special treatment and exclusivity.

Actually, those are exactly the things Pride is about. You clearly don't understand the concept of the Pride festival.

It is specially exclusive because society has made it special with their mistreatment of LGBTQIA+ people for centuries.
More straight people have died throughout history than LGBT. What better way to celebrate our survival and endurance than a pride parade to say "we're here, we're straight, we like our hetero dates."

Plus LGBT fascists like you are increasingly becoming hostile to heteros, we can no longer even celebrate being straight.

You do not need one.

Straight people have never been attacked or fired for merely being straight. You do not have to worry about holding your partner's hand in public. Vacation plans do have to be made by taking into account which country not to travel to for fear of being imprisoned because of your sexuality. Additionally, straight people have never had the uncomfortable experience of having to come out to their family and friends.

So, without you having all of those experiences, I have no sympathy for you. I am proud of you for being straight, but you do not get a parade.

You sound as ignorant as people petitioning for White History Month (these people are serious).

Consider it 'Pride Month' and be prideful for whatever you want to be, b
Reply 66
More straight people have died throughout history than LGBT. What better way to celebrate our survival and endurance than a pride parade to say "we're here, we're straight, we like our hetero dates."

Plus LGBT fascists like you are increasingly becoming hostile to heteros, we can no longer even celebrate being straight.

Not because of their sexuality. Seriously, you just sound like a child.

You have no reason to celebrate being heterosexual, because of sexuality and society. That is the difference here. And I'm not an LGBTQIA+ Fascist, I just disagree with your *******s.
None of that matters. If straight people want to celebrate being straight then they ought to be allowed to. It's not down to you and people like you to step in the way and stop it just because it doesn't fit your agenda or your specifications.

By all means start a Straight Pride petition -- do something other than cry online, you grown baby.
thunder is honestly my favourite troll; truly a legend.
Reply 69
None of that matters. If straight people want to celebrate being straight then they ought to be allowed to. It's not down to you and people like you to step in the way and stop it just because it doesn't fit your agenda or your specifications.

What's wrong with white history month? We should definitely celebrate white history, and all that it's brought us.

They are allowed to - no laws stipulate they can't.

White history does not need a month, just like heterosexuality does not need a month - it is the norm', it is the mainstream, we learn about it and know about it everyday. That's it. Move on.

You sound like a literal child, it's shocking. I can't work out if you're just a bored troll or not.
Not because of their sexuality. Seriously, you just sound like a child.

You have no reason to celebrate being heterosexual, because of sexuality and society. That is the difference here. And I'm not an LGBTQIA+ Fascist, I just disagree with your *******s.

We have as much reason to celebrate being straight as you do being LGBT. There's nothing wrong with celebrating having love and relations with a person of the opposite sex. Even though the LGBT fascist SJW movement, which you're no doubt part of, would tell you otherwise.
The fishes keep biting.
:hat2:

I'd be such a naive little girl w/o your guidance & example. What a ride :tongue:
They are allowed to - no laws stipulate they can't.

White history does not need a month, just like heterosexuality does not need a month - it is the norm', it is the mainstream, we learn about it and know about it everyday. That's it. Move on.

You sound like a literal child, it's shocking. I can't work out if you're just a bored troll or not.

I think we ought to have a white heterosexual celebration month. We ought to celebrate all the great things abut being straight and white. And there's a lot of them. We shouldn't shy away from just how great it is to be straight and white.

We need it to fit against the SJWs who try to tell us otherwise.
Stop trolling, it's boring now.

Everything you say is a load of crap.

Uh oh, do you need to go back to your safe space?
Reply 74
I think we ought to have a white heterosexual celebration month. We ought to celebrate all the great things abut being straight and white. And there's a lot of them. We shouldn't shy away from just how great it is to be straight and white.

We need it to fit against the SJWs who try to tell us otherwise.

Uh oh, do you need to go back to your safe space?

I don't have a safe space - I live in the real world... which you clearly do not...
I can't make it down because my exams don't end until the 28th :cry:

I'll definitely be trying to be there next year :nyan:
No, it isn't.

Have you heard of DaveyWavey?
Reply 77

My thoughts exactly.

Get off your arse and make one then.

Waaaaaah there's no straight pride
Waaaaaah the LGBT community were proactive and came together
Waaaaaah why is no one making a straight pride for me?
Waaaaaah I'm too lazy and/or entitled to do it myself
Waaaaaaaaaaaah

Look, it's you

Quick Reply

Latest