The Student Room Group

AQA level 2 Further maths GCSE

How did people think that exam went, questions they found hard? What they got for answers?

Scroll to see replies

The only questions I didn't complete were the cubic graph and the trapezium question
Original post by chelseafc141
The only questions I didn't complete were the cubic graph and the trapezium question

Was the cubic graph the one where u had to find k?
Apparently k=9 for anyone wondering
Original post by Alex.trin
Apparently k=9 for anyone wondering

What did u get for x/y
I literally left out so many questions - could not answer the isosceles triangle, I got to 3(3-3rt3) instead of 3(3-rt3) for the perimeter of the trapezium so gave up, wrote some random co-ordinates for the application of completing the square for the minimum point (could not remember what everything meant), kept getting different values for the simultaneous equations with the perpendicular fraction coordinates and bleh probably got everything else wrong too. What did everyone get for 'find the integer values bleh bleh -insert quadratic thing here- (or something like that)?' I got x is less than or equal to 12 but I have a feeling it's 8 less than or equal to x less that or equal to 12... (there goes my chance of a decent grade)
Original post by Dorisdolphine
What did u get for x/y

I think I got 40
Reply 7
Where you had to prove that a = 1, I got 7 :/
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
I literally left out so many questions - could not answer the isosceles triangle, I got to 3(3-3rt3) instead of 3(3-rt3) for the perimeter of the trapezium so gave up, wrote some random co-ordinates for the application of completing the square for the minimum point (could not remember what everything meant), kept getting different values for the simultaneous equations with the perpendicular fraction coordinates and bleh probably got everything else wrong too. What did everyone get for 'find the integer values bleh bleh -insert quadratic thing here- (or something like that)?' I got x is less than or equal to 12 but I have a feeling it's 8 less than or equal to x less that or equal to 12... (there goes my chance of a decent grade)

I got 8<x<12 (but with equal to signs)
Original post by gcsemusicsucks

Yeah I got the 8 < x < 12
Original post by HarryGCSE
I think I got 40

Ohhhhh I got 80 😂
Lmao rofl. That exam was so dz. Gg easy A^. The only question i struggled to answer but managed to think of something was the last one. The onebbefore the last one where u had to show 3(3+root3) was the one i know i prob got wrong. Cos i got 6 + 3 root 3 which equated to 3(2+root3)...
Original post by HarryGCSE
I think I got 40

I got 80 :frown:
Ohhhhh I got 80 😂

Original post by SmithAmelia
I got 80 :frown:

I got 80 too!! But apparently it's -80 due to being an obtuse angle
Original post by ihatehannah

How?
Original post by SmithAmelia
How?

question said y is less than 0
I got 80 too!! But apparently it's -80 due to being an obtuse angle

I completely forgot about the obtuse angle bit
Original post by ihatehannah
question said y is less than 0

Oh yes, thank you.
Reply 19
What did you get for the question that said work out x and it was something like (number- root x)1/3=-2

Also the one that asked for the value of cosx

Quick Reply

Latest