The Student Room Group

AQA level 2 Further maths GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
do people remember what the q was for the x/y one?
I think that exam went alright... Couldn't do the question to prove they were perpendicular but now I feel really dumb as it was really easybas you just had to do was find the equation and then do the negative reciprocal. However all the other questions I answered and feel quite confident with most.
Original post by lily628

I think -0.2, since (-0.2)^2 = 25
Reply 23
Original post by lily628

4root x = 2 and y^-2 =25
is there an unofficial mark scheme
Original post by daisie
4root x = 2 and y^-2 =25

is this answer something like 16 over -5
Could anyone who has successfully finished the last question please explain how they reached their answer? Thanks
Original post by Dorisdolphine
What did u get for x/y

Original post by HarryGCSE
I think I got 40

Ohhhhh I got 80 😂

Original post by SmithAmelia
I got 80 :frown:

Original post by ihatehannah

no, it's -80. I think the test was harder than usual but definietely doable, i think i dropped marks on the trigonometric identites though :frown: gutted.
Ohhhhh I got 80 😂

I got -80.... It said y was below zero, and because y^2 was 1/25 (I think...), y was either plus or minus 1/5. It had to be minus because the question said, so I did 16/(-1/5) which is -80. I hope that is right, because everyone else got something different. :smile: Anyway, it is almost the end of GCSEs!!!
Original post by SmithAmelia
Could anyone who has successfully finished the last question please explain how they reached their answer? Thanks

For the last question you use the cosine rule to calculate w and you will find that w is 3n. Hence, 2 sides are equal therefore, its isosiceles.
Original post by Bulbasaur10
I got -80.... It said y was below zero, and because y^2 was 1/25 (I think...), y was either plus or minus 1/5. It had to be minus because the question said, so I did 16/(-1/5) which is -80. I hope that is right, because everyone else got something different. :smile: Anyway, it is almost the end of GCSEs!!!

you're correct.
Reply 31
Original post by daisie
4root x = 2 and y^-2 =25

oohhh ok thank you, i think i got -80?
Original post by 1jonam16
you're correct.

phew.....! Thanks. :smile:
Original post by lily628
oohhh ok thank you, i think i got -80?

yepp. Tbf i'm glad no one is complaining seeing as the test was harder than usual, which is nice!
I got the 'sinx = ..... what is cosx?' one completely wrong. I now know you were meant to draw triangles to help you, but I did something with the sine and cosine graphs. Do you think I will get marks for sketching them?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by daisie
What did you get for the question that said work out x and it was something like (number- root x)1/3=-2

Also the one that asked for the value of cosx

I got that cosx was - root 25/36. It's probably wrong
Reply 36
Original post by Alex.trin
I got that cosx was - root 25/36. It's probably wrong

i think that's right but you could've simplified it to - 5/6
Original post by lily628

5/6
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lily628

Surely it can't be simplified as 36 isn't divisible by 5?
Original post by ihatehannah
-5/6

is it -5/6 or 5/6?

Quick Reply

Latest