Hard 44%
OK 35%
Easy 8%
Very easy1%
Total votes: 342
Should help to determine grade boundaries. :smile:

Useful links
Official thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3670959
Teachercol's unofficial mark scheme: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4176952
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm surprised, I didn't think this exam was that hard - and that isn't trolling or trying to put people down. Apart from finding the mass of S2, everything seemed fine..
Reply 2
Original post by thephysio
I'm surprised, I didn't think this exam was that hard - and that isn't trolling or trying to put people down. Apart from finding the mass of S2, everything seemed fine..

I found it pretty hard - mainly the binary star system question and question 1. It was also not very similar to pre-2014 papers at all which I think will have thrown people. If I had been able to get my head around the star system question though I think it would have been a much better paper for me!

Lol stop trying to flaunt the fact that you found this exam ok and acting like you're not doing it to put people down and boost your own *****y little ego
I thought it was quite a fair paper to be brutally honest :h:
Original post by joeteeeeee
Lol stop trying to flaunt the fact that you found this exam ok and acting like you're not doing it to put people down and boost your own *****y little ego

Dude calm down, it's their opinion.
I don't think this paper was as hard as the June 2014 since it didn't have any 6 markers, or any questions on resonance and damping. It was just using equations one after the other and a couple one-off word type questions.

From looking a couple years back, this seems like how I image the grade boundaries will look like:

90UMS (FULL) - 50 Marks
81UMS (A*) - 46 Marks
72UMS (A) - 42 Marks
63UMS (B) - 38 Marks
54UMS (C) - 34 Marks
45UMS (D) - 30 Marks
36UMS (E) - 27 Marks

Disclaimer: Since this paper had a lot of maths in it, candidates with a good math background eg. further maths, will likely find it easier than others. So then the results might be skewed in the higher end resulting in slightly higher marks needed for full ums. Then again I do not know how OCR likes to do things, so your guess is as good as mine :biggrin:.

I'm not trying to put anybody down, that's what I said... I'm just stating my surprise at how many people voted as hard. No need to get tetchy.

Original post by lukejoshjames
Dude calm down, it's their opinion.

Ikr, didnt realise people got so mad qq
I'm not trying to put anybody down, that's what I said... I'm just stating my surprise at how many people voted as hard. No need to get tetchy.

Ikr, didnt realise people got so mad qq

Lol
Reply 9

probably should ask on the main thread but it's quite crowded - how did you get the energy for the lead pellets question? (so you could use it to find c)
Original post by Xabier
probably should ask on the main thread but it's quite crowded - how did you get the energy for the lead pellets question? (so you could use it to find c)

So I did the mass of the lead * g *h * 50 (for the 50 times). Where h is the height of the tube.
Reply 11

You really do have a strong sense of animosity towards anyone who may have done better than you don't you? Insecurity perhaps?
Reply 12
Original post by balmdog
You really do have a strong sense of animosity towards anyone who may have done better than you don't you? Insecurity perhaps?

He's right in that it's unnecessary to state that you found it easy - it's not nice for those who found it difficult. That being said, his response definitely wasn't proportional and you did state that you didn't mean to flaunt.
I found it easy until I checked the unofficial mark scheme
Reply 14
Original post by MagneticFlux
I don't think this paper was as hard as the June 2014 since it didn't have any 6 markers, or any questions on resonance and damping. It was just using equations one after the other and a couple one-off word type questions.

From looking a couple years back, this seems like how I image the grade boundaries will look like:

90UMS (FULL) - 50 Marks
81UMS (A*) - 46 Marks
72UMS (A) - 42 Marks
63UMS (B) - 38 Marks
54UMS (C) - 34 Marks
45UMS (D) - 30 Marks
36UMS (E) - 27 Marks

Disclaimer: Since this paper had a lot of maths in it, candidates with a good math background eg. further maths, will likely find it easier than others. So then the results might be skewed in the higher end resulting in slightly higher marks needed for full ums. Then again I do not know how OCR likes to do things, so your guess is as good as mine :biggrin:.

I agree, I think it will be about 42 marks for an A since this paper was slightly more difficult than last years I believe and that was 42 marks
Original post by apache324
I found it easy until I checked the unofficial mark scheme

loooool feel that
Original post by balmdog

Thing is like I have a hell of a lot riding on these exams plus I've missed a lot of the school year due to surgery, so when I work incredibly hard and find myself falling short of where I need to be, seeing a bunch of A* every day Oxbridge candidates giving it biguns about how well they've done and how easy they found they exam, it's gonna proper piss me off
Thing is like I have a hell of a lot riding on these exams plus I've missed a lot of the school year due to surgery, so when I work incredibly hard and find myself falling short of where I need to be, seeing a bunch of A* every day Oxbridge candidates giving it biguns about how well they've done and how easy they found they exam, it's gonna proper piss me off

You have my sympathy. I have learnt that A-level grades are a terrible indicator of intelligence, or in fact any quality - people that boast of finding exams easy should know the same (but of course, they don't).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by apache324
You have my sympathy. I have learnt that A-level grades are a terrible indicator of intelligence, or in fact any quality - people that boast of finding exams easy should know the same (but of course, they don't).

I must admit I have a big go at people to wind them up a bit if they boast about doing well, but I'm just excessively proving a point

It's just annoying that our future is based on exam ability and not actual ability at the subject
I must admit I have a big go at people to wind them up a bit if they boast about doing well, but I'm just excessively proving a point

It's just annoying that our future is based on exam ability and not actual ability at the subject

I agree, exams are hopeless at testing your ability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending