The Student Room Group

CCEA AS 1 Physics - Forces, Energy and Electricity - 20th June 2016

Just a discussions board set up for the next CCEA physics exam in 27 days time.
Reply 1
Could anyone give me some tips on how to attempt projectile questions.
Original post by lmg1
Could anyone give me some tips on how to attempt projectile questions.

What in particular do you struggle with?
Reply 3
Original post by brokenhyperlink
What in particular do you struggle with?

I know the equations I just don't know when to incorporate them into questions on projectiles/ dynamics. I'm also not sure on equations on newton's laws of motion (which is embarrassing as you use the equation F=MA) .
I struggle the most with this paper as I always found it difficult to understand my teacher.
Im officially screwed for this guys! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Well everyone?
Reply 6
any one remember any answers?

q = 3C p= 18W
resistors= 1800ohm
T = mg + ma > mg when decelerating downwards
Was it 15.75J extra to be added to the javelin question since it lands 2.02m lower than where it started?
average impact force = 3000something ? was force= work/distance penetrated into soil
g= 9.86 for the experiment
moments question = 400something for Weight, 588N for reaction x?

I rememeber a few more but am not going to post incase nobody is using this resource, if theres a few replies I'll try remember a few more answers
What about that resistivity graph? What did you get for which wire it was and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by FoneyBaloney14
What about that resistivity graph? What did you get for which wire it was and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose the one beginning with n, but I don't think i done the working out right..

Care to purge all the answers you can remember to further benefit others reading rather than asking individual questions without giving your own answers?
For that question I got nichrome... I am so bad at remembering answers coming out of exams without seeing the questions- does anyone have a copy of the paper yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got nichrome too said something about the ratio idk made the reason up , got the same answers for resistance and I think moments question , what else was on cant even remember
For the Kinetic Energy and GPE question did anyone get 194J or something?
Original post by Johnny69

q = 3C p= 18W
resistors= 1800ohm
Was it 15.75J extra to be added to the javelin question since it lands 2.02m lower than where it started?
average impact force = 3000something ? was force= work/distance penetrated into soil

I rememeber a few more but am not going to post incase nobody is using this resource, if theres a few replies I'll try remember a few more answers

I got 9.86 or something along those lines too
Vertical time I multiplied my 2 to get total time in the air, horizontal time was just t=d/s
My time of flight was 2.09 sec
I got the reaction force to be greater when the lift was decelerating down and was something like 700N
I got the force at W to be 434N and A was around 300 I think, then the coach had to move the poles further apart
The k.e. of the javelin when it leaves the athletes hand was 195J, k.e. when it struck the ground to be 99J and the resistive forces to be around 3000N
Total resistance was 3000 ohms, each resistor was 1800
I said Nichrome because the diameter of the Aluminium was like x10(-5) which would have been too small? and the resistivity of the nichrome made the area to be 1x10(-5) and made the graph better or something
Original post by Johnny69

q = 3C p= 18W
resistors= 1800ohm

I got 9.86 or something along those lines too
Vertical time I multiplied my 2 to get total time in the air, horizontal time was just t=d/s
My time of flight was 2.09 sec
I got the reaction force to be greater when the lift was decelerating down and was something like 700N
I got the force at W to be 434N and A was around 300 I think, then the coach had to move the poles further apart
The k.e. of the javelin when it leaves the athletes hand was 195J, k.e. when it struck the ground to be 99J and the resistive forces to be around 3000N
Total resistance was 3000 ohms, each resistor was 1800
I said Nichrome because the diameter of the Aluminium was like x10(-5) which would have been too small? and the resistivity of the nichrome made the area to be 1x10(-5) and made the graph better or something
How is everyone for unit 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find AS2 today?
Original post by FoneyBaloney14
How is everyone for unit 2?

Original post by jackpcraig
How did everyone find AS2 today?

Guys, there is dedicated AS2 thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4114435

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending