The Student Room Group

Who's doing GCSE Further maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hsevras
5/6 is the answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it -5/6 as the person said?
Also, I checked cos 5/6 gives an acute angle :s-smilie:.
Original post by Chittesh14
I revised 140 pages yesterday in 1 hour :wink:.
Basically, most of it I done in A-level Maths C1 lool.
I forgot how to fkin differentiate in the exam lol but it came in my head after.

Haha..that was the only thing I knew how to do..I was so proud of my self after that question...lol...

🏹🍆Never under estimate the power of a common pikachu🍆🏹
Original post by mypetpikachu
Haha..that was the only thing I knew how to do..I was so proud of my self after that question...lol...

🏹🍆Never under estimate the power of a common pikachu🍆🏹

Lool.
I was confused throughout the test, but it seemed easy.
I got upto question 18 and after that I didn't fully complete any questions and I left 1 5 mark question blank! Will i still be able to get an A*? :frown:
Original post by guy321
I got upto question 18 and after that I didn't fully complete any questions and I left 1 5 mark question blank! Will i still be able to get an A*? :frown:

A* is like 117 so sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guy321

You can afford to drop up to 22 marks on paper 1 to get an A*.
Original post by gregy521
You can afford to drop up to 22 marks on paper 1 to get an A*.

I think I might have dropped about 30
Original post by guy321
I think I might have dropped about 30

Then you can make it up on the calculator paper. It's about the average that you get overall.
Then you can make it up on the calculator paper. It's about the average that you get overall.
What are the calculator paper topics?
Stayed behind at school after the exam and went through the whole paper with my teacher and other students so i know all the solutions. If anyone has any problems or questions let me know
Reply 152
Can you write 0.6 instead of 3/5 for the limiting sequence question?
Appreciated.

:smile:.
Original post by Zxe
Can you write 0.6 instead of 3/5 for the limiting sequence question?

I don't get why not, but usually every answer is writting in a fraction but who knows, they're equivalent.
Original post by ErinMei
Stayed behind at school after the exam and went through the whole paper with my teacher and other students so i know all the solutions. If anyone has any problems or questions let me know

Please visit and help :smile::

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4176732&p=65949094#post65949094
Does anyone hv a list of topics they know that can come up in paper 2...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We went through it at school and we think that simultaneous equations , range&domain , number , circle equations , working out y=mx+c for a line , a lot more calculas including nature of stationary points and probably trig identities -will come up on the calculator paper
A teacher has created a predicted paper 2 (the title should say 2016 instead of 2006).

http://www.drfrostmaths.com/resources/resource.php?rid=238

They've put together questions from AQA worksheets and past papers from topics that are likely to come up. AQA FM is very unpredictable so don't rely on this too much but it's worth having a go if you've run out of revision materials.
Original post by notnek
A teacher has created a predicted paper 2 (the title should say 2016 instead of 2006).

http://www.drfrostmaths.com/resources/resource.php?rid=238

They've put together questions from AQA worksheets and past papers from topics that are likely to come up. AQA FM is very unpredictable so don't rely on this too much but it's worth having a go if you've run out of revision materials.

Thx....👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest