The Student Room Group

Poll: AQA Physics PHYA4 – 20th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Is there an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 21
Original post by Euclidean
The correct shape is a bit like a U right?

I think so :smile:
Original post by MintyMilk
Probably dropped 20 marks max, guessing more like 15 though, so I'll probably be right on the edge of an A* either way (which is what I planned for)

The momentum question was definitely strange, so I'd imagine the grade boundaries will be a couple marks lower just from that, otherwise I'd say it was a fairly standard paper.

Didn't get the 4 mark energy derivation, nor the 4 mark momentum question after that. Might pick up 1 or 2 marks for my scrawlings + giving the unit for momentum though, so by no means enough to ruin the paper.

Multiple choice was fairly standard too, though I didn't see that the object in question 2 was 2kg, so I ended up with 10 m/s as my answer... Pretty frustrated that I missed that since it was probably the easiest mark in the entire paper

Yeah I didn't get either momentum 4 markers but stuck in the unit and may sneak a wording mark....and yeah pretty standard paper thankfully....nearly messed up the time constant question but luckily realised it was ln1/0.2 not 0.8
Any idea what 60/75 should be? Need an A, got 270/300 last year so as long as I average 80% across AS and A2, I'll meet my offer :/
Original post by tanyapotter
Any idea what 60/75 should be? Need an A, got 270/300 last year so as long as I average 80% across AS and A2, I'll meet my offer :/

Should be a comfortable A* at a guess.
Original post by ombtom

The poll I saw of last year (which I can't seem to find now :s-smilie:) was the A mark prediction so I think a poll like that would be good, or for CAP
Original post by particlestudent
I was so confident my shape was right :frown:. What would the other 2 marks be? Wouldn't it reaching 9.81 and 8.87 be one :s-smilie:

I think:

1 mark for starting at 9.8 and ending at roughly 8.9
1 mark for the general shape (i.e. decreasing from 9.8 to zero and increasing to 8.9) / u-shaped curve
1 mark for the 'zero point' being slightly closer to Venus

with a bit of luck you could get two marks :smile:
Would dropping 20 marks give me an A ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending