The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel like they won't get their predicted grades?

For geography, ICT and additional science I am predicted A*s but I feel like I haven't gotten an A* in either. I feel really bad for my teachers, my parents and myself.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BTAnonymous
For geography, ICT and additional science I am predicted A*s but I feel like I haven't gotten an A* in either. I feel really bad for my teachers, my parents and myself.

They predicted me 8 As and 3 A*s and that's not happening LOL

Biology teacher predicted me an A*, I'll be lucky if I can get an A after those horrific exams.

My parents don't really care, but it will be embarrassing in front of my teachers and friends who thought that those were the grades I'd get :s-smilie:
awks moment when you're predicted 8A*s and feel like you'll struggle to get 4
Original post by romansholiday
They predicted me 8 As and 3 A*s and that's not happening LOL

Biology teacher predicted me an A*, I'll be lucky if I can get an A after those horrific exams.

My parents don't really care, but it will be embarrassing in front of my teachers and friends who thought that those were the grades I'd get :s-smilie:

Haha, yeah. My teachers and friends on results day won't think of me much anymore....

It's funny because I said I would get at least straight As because of how well my sister did with minimal effort. I really thought I had everything in the bag but I didn't. :sadpanda: God help me, lol.
is it normal to feel that you wont get your predicted grades?
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
awks moment when you're predicted 8A*s and feel like you'll struggle to get 4

And on the 25th of August, your teachers start staring at you while you open your results... lolololol.

Btw is your profile pick a cat slime from slime rancher? I'm that sad, lol
Original post by pineapplemami
is it normal to feel that you wont get your predicted grades?

We're all probably paranoid but I think some of us really don't have our predicted grades.

Lst year I only did 4 exams: core science and statistics.

I worked my ass off for core science and only got an A (sounds stuck up but I the time I put in was heartbreaking).

Looking at the amount of revision this year for additional science, :lolz:
I'd be lucky to get an A this time round.
Haha, yeah. My teachers and friends on results day won't think of me much anymore....

It's funny because I said I would get at least straight As because of how well my sister did with minimal effort. I really thought I had everything in the bag but I didn't. :sadpanda: God help me, lol.

Same! I started off the year wanting only 3 As out of 11 subjects lol. Then in December, my mock results were pretty good, and I was thinking about going into competitive fields of work so I said I would want 8 As/A*s and 3 Bs. These expectations were too high, it would have been possible but I left the memorising aspect of my revision too late, so found myself revising the night before for many exams :frown:
ooh i'm deffo not gonna get my predicted grades. like, it'd be nice n whatnot if it magically happened, but nope. i wouldn't worry about them too much, like not trying to be rude bc it will be a little annoying but tbh your teachers aren't going to care much and i doubt your parents will after a while. even if you haven't got them, i'm pretty sure you'll have done better than you're thinking
Was predicted 7A*s 2Bs and 1A. But I just don't know. In the beginning I guessed after each exam, but now I am near the end of my exams I just don't know now :s-smilie: I want at least my predicted grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm predicted A*'s/8's [1-9 equivalent] for everything, and this seems completely unrealistic. I'm just relying on enough points for college, but I'll be annoyed if I get a B in anything.
Original post by romansholiday
Same! I started off the year wanting only 3 As out of 11 subjects lol. Then in December, my mock results were pretty good, and I was thinking about going into competitive fields of work so I said I would want 8 As/A*s and 3 Bs. These expectations were too high, it would have been possible but I left the memorising aspect of my revision too late, so found myself revising the night before for many exams :frown:

I guess we've learnt a lesson for college.

And me revising before exams is literally me for all my sciences lololol.
And on the 25th of August, your teachers start staring at you while you open your results... lolololol.

Btw is your profile pick a cat slime from slime rancher? I'm that sad, lol

either because they're really good or really bad, no in between

yeah haha, i used to play it quite a bit
Original post by Rjhepkenhdjd
ooh i'm deffo not gonna get my predicted grades. like, it'd be nice n whatnot if it magically happened, but nope. i wouldn't worry about them too much, like not trying to be rude bc it will be a little annoying but tbh your teachers aren't going to care much and i doubt your parents will after a while. even if you haven't got them, i'm pretty sure you'll have done better than you're thinking

Two words: Asian dad
(edited 7 years ago)

oh now I know why you're worried...

good luck mate:frown:
That's why I don't set myself at too high a target. I am a smart and bright student in my school. Setting high targets would mean anxiety as you feel that you wont do as well beforehand and constantly procrastinate when it comes to revision, and that would mean not doing as well as you should in exams which is why you would think this way.
Reply 17
I was predicted 8A* and 3A. There is no way in hell I'm hitting those, really disappointed in myself. I think I'm going to get 4-5A* with the rest As maybe a B or two. Sucks man, my parents are going to kill me as well, they were on my ass for not getting at least 10A* prediction. Hope others are on the same boat haha :frown:
Original post by escg
I was predicted 8A* and 3A. There is no way in hell I'm hitting those, really disappointed in myself. I think I'm going to get 4-5A* with the rest As maybe a B or two. Sucks man, my parents are going to kill me as well, they were on my ass for not getting at least 10A* prediction. Hope others are on the same boat haha :frown:

Yeah man honestly scared and it really sucks:angry: :p:D Its alright though like today I had to guess a few questions in physics but i'm trying to see the funny side of it :u:
Reply 19
Original post by veganavb
Yeah man honestly scared and it really sucks:angry: :p:D Its alright though like today I had to guess a few questions in physics but i'm trying to see the funny side of it :u:

Even if i try to think about the positives... theres always the negatives lurking in my subconscious mind. My last exam was today, yet i cannot get over the stress. It's too much. Just hope i haven't failed haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest