The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Studies Life Death and Beyond RST4A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BMLFW
Can the twos questions that we choose from be from the same topic? So, for example, two questions about eschatology in which we have to choose from?

You choose one question of 2 parts
Original post by effieallen
And, does anyone have anything on apocalyptic language and symbols. I know that certain words symbolised things but don't understand the relevance there at all. Thank you 😊

The obscure language makes it impenetrable and irrelevant in today's society
Reply 62
Original post by lucywebb123
You choose one question of 2 parts

I know but there are two main questions to choose from (each with two parts) is it possible that the two questions we choose from are of the same topic? So two questions on eschatology to choose from, each with two parts?
Reply 63
And, does anyone have anything on apocalyptic language and symbols. I know that certain words symbolised things but don't understand the relevance there at all. Thank you 😊

The apocalyptic literature eg: Daniel from the Old Testament and revelations contains symbolic numbers such as 10 represents completeness and 3.5 represents incompleteness as well as 6 including the biblical number of evil.
Colours such as: red means war, green/grey brin death and black lack of something.
Hope this is what your asking for!!
Reply 64
Original post by BMLFW
I know but there are two main questions to choose from (each with two parts) is it possible that the two questions we choose from are of the same topic? So two questions on eschatology to choose from, each with two parts?

No. You are given 2 questions, 2 out of either Esh&Apoc, Death or Human Value/Life or Present Life.
Each of these two have part A01 and part A02
Can try guessing what will come up but i think all exam boards have mixed it up this year probably because it's the last year before they rework and change all the specs. So far i've had three exams and no one on here or in my lessons have guessed whch is rah peak. Everything that has come up has been abit random and i'm sure LAD would be a ***** to guess anyway. It's a shame cause always nice sort of knowing what will come up.
I've left esch/apoly as i hate it and there is alot to learn before tomorrow just gunna make sure i'm 100% sure with christianity and buddhism then learn a few secular perspectives such as dawkins as he's always easy to learn. I need to learn death as that's what i'm most uncertain with anyone got any tips or topics for me to revise for death and implications of it?
Original post by arrow_h
No. You are given 2 questions, 2 out of either Esh&Apoc, Death or Human Value/Life or Present Life.
Each of these two have part A01 and part A02

You sound like you know what you're talking about. Do you have all the topic headings for RST4a? I get muddled up as they all sound/are the same lol
Reply 67
Original post by luccahempsall
You sound like you know what you're talking about. Do you have all the topic headings for RST4a? I get muddled up as they all sound/are the same lol

Yeah most of them are quite similar for example:

Nature of human life=value of humanlife= present life and life beyond death(this is just an extra, you need to talk about life after death in this one)

Then there is attitudes to death = death and beyond( similarly here you just need to talk about what happens beyond death)

Then there's Esch & Apoc which is completely different to the other 2
Reply 68
Original post by arrow_h
Yeah most of them are quite similar for example:

Nature of human life=value of humanlife= present life and life beyond death(this is just an extra, you need to talk about life after death in this one)

Then there is attitudes to death = death and beyond( similarly here you just need to talk about what happens beyond death)

Then there's Esch & Apoc which is completely different to the other 2

What kind of things we need to talk about if we get a question on attitudes to death??
Reply 69
What are the secular views for life after death???
Reply 70
Original post by KaurNav
What kind of things we need to talk about if we get a question on attitudes to death??

Discuss what religions think about death, and how/what can be done to prepare for death. Maybe talk a little of what happens during death
Reply 71
Original post by arrow_h
Discuss what religions think about death, and how/what can be done to prepare for death. Maybe talk a little of what happens during death

So maybe things like funeral rites??
Reply 72
Original post by KaurNav
So maybe things like funeral rites??

Yeah
Reply 73
Praying for death and apocalypse. Nature and value is my light touch subject (meaning I have done very little for it apart from memorise a few useful quotes).

Good luck everyone,

Predicting doesn't work!!

Predicting better work or else I'm doomed. I doubt death will come up tbh
possible ao2s for importance of present life/LAD and death and beyond? just want a to plan a few answers
Reply 75
Original post by leahmolesworth
possible ao2s for importance of present life/LAD and death and beyond? just want a to plan a few answers

Lol Leah I didn't know the girls school were doing RST4A aswell
Who are you mystery boys school rs student
Reply 77
Original post by leahmolesworth
Who are you mystery boys school rs student

Someone that knows you all too well, but real talk inbox me some a02s pls N I will luv u forever
Reply 78
Original post by shhc97
Predicting better work or else I'm doomed. I doubt death will come up tbh

same, im really hoping Value of life comes up!!
good revision guide for anyone doing last min revision
https://alevelreblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/unit-4-topic-1-nvhl-booklet.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest