The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL A2 Physics EXAM Unit 4 Physics On The Move 20th June 2016 (NOT I-A-L)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Salty carpet
I thought I didn't round but got 20.5m, did you use exact values in your calc?

Yeah I always try to in physics
Original post by AtomicAnal
No no no, no no no. It was D. All my teachers said D

That's most likely because you told your teachers that option D was just newtons when there were other units too
Question 3 was obviously D, Newtons aren't mass, can't believe you all got that wrong lol. My teacher said it was D too lol

My teacher also said this, spot on mate.
Original post by jtebbbs
That's most likely because you told your teachers that option D was just newtons when there were other units too

No no no I told them Nm-1s2

Your teacher is wrong
Original post by razaders
My teacher also said this, spot on mate.

Thnk u can't believe my whole class got B lol.
Original post by Qcomber
Your teacher is wrong

He's my dad aswell actually I dont think my dad would lie to his son lol

If your teachers think that MeV is a unit of mass, and not energy, then they need to go back to school
He's my dad aswell actually I dont think my dad would lie to his son lol

Well he just did

He's just messing with us. Your telling me MeV is a unit of mass???
No no no I told them Nm-1s2

He's definitely just messing but there's the working for anyone that doesn't get it

FullSizeRender.jpg
For the question to do with that capitactor charge question.

If I did everything right but wrote down mm = x10^-6 instead of x10^-3 how many marks would I get? :erm:
Original post by josephinemar25
He's just messing with us. Your telling me MeV is a unit of mass???

MeV is mass in terms of energy so just mass n00b
Original post by oShahpo
V isn't constant, in fact, V is reduced when the tire is not inflated properly. It would overestimate the speed, but not because the frequency of emf pulses is greater, rather because of the calibration of the device.

Yes the speed does change, but at any given speed the frequency of rotation is higher than what the device would be expecting for that speed.
or to put it another way the angular frequency at the surface of the tyre is going to be greater
Original post by akiwicat
Yes the speed does change, but at any given speed the frequency of rotation is higher than what the device would be expecting for that speed.

You said the frequency of the EMF pulse is greater, it isn't. If the biker was going at some speed the tyres were de-inflated, the frequency would remain the same btu the velocity would be reduced, and the speedometer wouldn't notice the difference. Your point is correct, but to say the frequency is increased you have to assume that the velocity of the biker is constant.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
For the question to do with that capitactor charge question.

If I did everything right but wrote down mm = x10^-6 instead of x10^-3 how many marks would I get? :erm:

probably 0 i think i did the same buddy. Spot on.
Original post by razaders
probably 0 i think i did the same buddy. Spot on.

What was the question? guys? Forgot
For the students calculation of kinetic energy, I wrote near relativstic speeds particles gain mass so the electrons mass will be higher than the stated value in the back of the paper. That's why he's wrong.
for the glider one I got 0.5ms for B.
the collision is inelastic as KE not conserved
For the voltage required to accelerate the electron i got 4500000

Also, what was the light gate one, I didn't really know what I was talking about.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jtebbbs
I think the question asking for "max decrease" implies that you can either increase or decrease from the starting point. If you use 2.8mm to find your starting point, you're already at the max so you can't increase further, therefore 3.5mm must be the 'starting point'.

You are correct if the question implicitly says starting from the initial position
but the question as I remembered, was
it says it can be the allowed difference of silicon from its position is 0.7 mm
meaning +/- 0.7 mm from the position is all possible i.e Maximum possible d is 3.5+0.7 minimum possible d is 3.5-0.7
hence Dmax=4.2 mm
Dmin=2.8 mm
Question ask the maximum possible allowed percentage decrease
so as maximum possible d is 4.2
minimum possible d is 2.8
the maximum possible allowed decrease is from 4.2 mm
to 2.8 mm as
it could be at 4.2 but is at 2.8
hence max percentage decrease is 33.3%

nevertheless I actually do understand your point , it is valid and logical from your prospective but

but this does not mean that you start from 3.5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending