The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 3 (ECON3) 20th June 2016 OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by annihilati0n
what was the answer for context 2 question 1 %

50%
Original post by Anymorefor123
What did you write for essay 2 both questions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

bro im fkin panicking im seriously freaking out that was an honest train wreck.. I only wrote a page and a half for the second essay.. oh my god.. It feels like i didnt answer either question
Original post by cherry1997
Did u guys get. 1.87% for extract 1 question 1

How did you calculate this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the 15 mark question on diminishing returns and returns to scale, would I lose any mark if I didn't mention how firms increase its production scale and focused more on the costs and economies of scale in the long run?

What did everyone else put in the 10 mark of extract 2 on wages?
Reply 284
Original post by charanjittt
Did anyone else answer th me profit maximising question? What did you guys right

I did!!
Drew the diagram and spoke about plcs maximising dividends for shareholders, firms can also use s-normal profit to reinvest and become dynamically efficient so large firms wishing to benefit from econs of scale will wish to prof max

Then said other objectives may be SR to gain profit in LR, large firms protected by entry barriers may not have incentive to prof max, satisficing is more realistic, charities are more likely to charge p=mc

Firms don't know where mr = mc is, but in lr most firms do aim to prof max

Does that sound about right??

Also did everyone get 1.87% for context 1?
How many marks on average do you need to get a C in this paper? Found the firsts section extremely difficult in comparison to previous questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone do Essay 3?, and what points did you get?
Did anyone do essay 1 and what did You's talk about for 25 marker
For context 1 25 marker what diagrams did everyone draw? I drew a negative externality graph in production of oil and couldn't really think of anything else
Reply 289
Yeah looks like everyone who did context one got 1.87%
Original post by Nmik
I did!!
Drew the diagram and spoke about plcs maximising dividends for shareholders, firms can also use s-normal profit to reinvest and become dynamically efficient so large firms wishing to benefit from econs of scale will wish to prof max

Then said other objectives may be SR to gain profit in LR, large firms protected by entry barriers may not have incentive to prof max, satisficing is more realistic, charities are more likely to charge p=mc

Firms don't know where mr = mc is, but in lr most firms do aim to prof max

Does that sound about right??

Also did everyone get 1.87% for context 1?
Original post by cherry1997
Did u guys get. 1.87% for extract 1 question 1

I did!
How did people get the answer in context one?? What numbers did you divide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought that paper was nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 293
Original post by cutelady
How did people get the answer in context one?? What numbers did you divide

Posted from TSR Mobile

36 divided by 1600 (whatever the numbers were) x 100
Reply 294

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, got the same. It was UK's coal value in tonnes over the other country's coal value in tonnes times 100%.
Reply 295
Original post by marioandluigi
How many marks on average do you need to get a C in this paper? Found the firsts section extremely difficult in comparison to previous questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

last year it was 50 for a C, the general consensus is that this paper was pretty straightforward so id say probably 51/52 for a C.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the UK's coal consumption (36 million tonnes) divided by Chinas coal consumption (1925 million tonnes) X 100 and then rounded to 2 decimal places
Original post by alardel
Yeah, got the same. It was UK's coal value in tonnes over the other country's coal value in tonnes times 100%.

I think I did this but I'm not sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What diagrams did people draw for context 1 the 25 mark and what did you talk about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do people think the grade boundaries for an A* will be higher than last year? People seem to have found this exam quite straightforward

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending