The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EricPiphany

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just realised i messed up q5 on paper 2.

When it said to use to the power of -N, i took 1 over the expression to the power of N and used this to get what they wanted. I assume this automatically drops me to zero marks on part 1? will i also drop to zero marks on part 2 even though they didn't explicitly say to use the same technique as part 1?
I feel like I shouldn't completely ignore the fact that C3 is tomorrow, but I'm certainly not going to do any proper revision, so what's the hardest ever C3 question?
I need a 2 in either II or III, but I'm assuming the worst that I won't get a 2... Who knows. Let's try our best in III. Revising for FP3 for next Monday and hopefully can help me with basic ideas in III as well.
Original post by Chimaera
I got pretty low 30s xP :ashamed:

Yep! xD I need a 1 in II and 2 in III :x was hoping for a 2 in last week's paper but I think that ship has sailed. FeelsBadMan

How about you?
Original post by betterthanbarbs
I need a 2 in either II or III, but I'm assuming the worst that I won't get a 2... Who knows. Let's try our best in III. Revising for FP3 for next Monday and hopefully can help me with basic ideas in III as well.

Ahh... All the best for next Monday! :smile: And to us for III! 💪🏻
Original post by sweeneyrod
I feel like I shouldn't completely ignore the fact that C3 is tomorrow, but I'm certainly not going to do any proper revision, so what's the hardest ever C3 question?

What exam board you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stupid question, but with 2 days to go and all recent past papers done, what should I do now preparation wise?
Original post by Mop3476
Stupid question, but with 2 days to go and all recent past papers done, what should I do now preparation wise?

LEARN the MARKSCHEMES off BY HearT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2048
Original post by Mop3476

smoke a chill pill and be reet
Original post by drandy76
What exam board you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel
Edexcel

Just do jun 15/13 they are the hardest papers out there.
I didnt do any last year other then the morning of the exam in the common room lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I didnt do any last year other then the morning of the exam in the common room lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, 2015 was our mock, I'll see how fast I can do 2013.
Cool, 2015 was our mock, I'll see how fast I can do 2013.

Any longer than 35 mins and you might as well not show up for the exam tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

I liked 13
Original post by gasfxekl
I liked 13

we are talking about c3 not step. but well done for likeing 2013 III, i did aswell.
Anyone done Q6 III 1992? The wrong solution seems to be attached on the tsr solutions.
Original post by EnglishMuon
Anyone done Q6 III 1992? The wrong solution seems to be attached on the tsr solutions.

Yep I did it :smile:. Didn't notice the tsr thing because I stopped looking at solutions (got too lazy) when I was fairly convinced I'd done it right XD. Nice Q though.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Yep I did it :smile:. Didn't notice the tsr thing because I stopped looking at solutions (got too lazy) when I was fairly convinced I'd done it right XD. Nice Q though.

haha yea when im fairly convinced i sometimes dont bother too. but I was wondering what you got for the very last part about the error delta phi?
@EnglishMuon

I just did that question. Error delta phi? Are you sure you mean iii 1992? I thought that was about proving I_n = npi^2/2?

Or have I fallen into a trap? I found the question from physicsandmaths website which may be why it is incorrectly on the thread in the first place?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EnglishMuon
haha yea when im fairly convinced i sometimes dont bother too. but I was wondering what you got for the very last part about the error delta phi?

Not sure if you know, but that's a STEP I paper you're doing there :tongue:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending