The Student Room Group

I've given up

I have 2 more GCSE exams and i've already done 16 but im sooooo worn out i cant even revise anymore, everytime i try revise i get distracted, things dont go in my head and i get generally lazy, especially seeing that most of my friends have already finished their exams yesterday. Can somebody give me advice or words of encouragement because i seriously cant be bothered to revise even though ive worked 2 years towards these exams

Scroll to see replies

ooh which two are left? (judging from your user is it the ocr science ones bc ahh same) you've only got two left— there'll be weeks to relax during summer. just revise slowly maybe, get an overview for the exams so you know a bit. maybe watch revision videos as you don't have to write necessarily but if can help a lot n motivate you as well
This sounds awful, but you just have to think of results day, opening that envelope and seeing what you want to see, what you have worked SO hard for and also what you need to get to go into your choice of 6th form (if that is what you want to go on and do). You can't give up at the last sprint of the race when you are doing so well already!!! I don't know if this will help you, but I spoke to a friend of mine who finished his A-levels last year with all A's/A*'s and I asked him how on earth he kept himself so motivated throughout - he just worked, worked and worked. He told me he watched motivational videos to get him in the mood and it really worked for him, so maybe you could try that. Just don't give up, you are sooooo close to the finish line and we all know how tiring it can be, getting up every morning to another day of revision just seems so awful but you're going to have one of your longest summers yet and you will feel so much better coming out of those last two exams knowing you couldn't possibly of done anymore. So have faith in yourself, give yourself regular breaks and KEEP GOING! It will be worth it in the end I promise you. If you are tired of writing things out in note form, try revising a different way - use flashcards and get someone to test you, get in contact with classmates and discuss things, like the person said above ^ watch revision videos. Have faith, you can do this!!!
Reply 3
Original post by katiewarwood
This sounds awful, but you just have to think of results day, opening that envelope and seeing what you want to see, what you have worked SO hard for and also what you need to get to go into your choice of 6th form (if that is what you want to go on and do). You can't give up at the last sprint of the race when you are doing so well already!!! I don't know if this will help you, but I spoke to a friend of mine who finished his A-levels last year with all A's/A*'s and I asked him how on earth he kept himself so motivated throughout - he just worked, worked and worked. He told me he watched motivational videos to get him in the mood and it really worked for him, so maybe you could try that. Just don't give up, you are sooooo close to the finish line and we all know how tiring it can be, getting up every morning to another day of revision just seems so awful but you're going to have one of your longest summers yet and you will feel so much better coming out of those last two exams knowing you couldn't possibly of done anymore. So have faith in yourself, give yourself regular breaks and KEEP GOING! It will be worth it in the end I promise you. If you are tired of writing things out in note form, try revising a different way - use flashcards and get someone to test you, get in contact with classmates and discuss things, like the person said above ^ watch revision videos. Have faith, you can do this!!!

Thank you, i got 1 more now its history :smile:
Original post by HateOCR
I have 2 more GCSE exams and i've already done 16 but im sooooo worn out i cant even revise anymore, everytime i try revise i get distracted, things dont go in my head and i get generally lazy, especially seeing that most of my friends have already finished their exams yesterday. Can somebody give me advice or words of encouragement because i seriously cant be bothered to revise even though ive worked 2 years towards these exams

Same here :/ I'm just trying to push myself to learn some dates and facts for history tomorrow. I'll encourage you by saying: You don't want to flop your last exam, do you?? You'll feel so much better walking out thinking "Ah yes I did it!!" rather than "Goddamn I flopped that. Ah well, they're over now lmao". :biggrin:
I have physics and further maths left. Bleh.
Reply 6
Original post by SugarBubbles2000
Same here :/ I'm just trying to push myself to learn some dates and facts for history tomorrow. I'll encourage you by saying: You don't want to flop your last exam, do you?? You'll feel so much better walking out thinking "Ah yes I did it!!" rather than "Goddamn I flopped that. Ah well, they're over now lmao". :biggrin:

Yup i guess. The negativity didnt really help me today in my exam, i think i actually lost my A* in biology.
Reply 7
If i had 18 I honestly wouldn't complain you are actually very lucky. These exams will effect your overall grades for the subjects so you shouldn't fall at the last hurdle.
I have 25 and as much as I want to give up I think about that horrible feeling I will get on results day when I know deep down I didn't give my all. In my opinion 18 exams are actually a blessing because there's people who have more than me. It's become slightly more relaxing, the first week was by far the worst as I had 7 exams in a week and 3 on one particular day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HateOCR
Yup i guess. The negativity didnt really help me today in my exam, i think i actually lost my A* in biology.

Mmm same here :/ I do AQA biology so the first paper crushed any chance of getting an A* as well :/ We can only hope for the grade boundaries...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Mmm same here :/ I do AQA biology so the first paper crushed any chance of getting an A* as well :/ We can only hope for the grade boundaries...

Oh yeah wasnt your one the one about police and teenage drinking? lmao exams are so irrelevant these years. Im revising how frogs hatch from eggs for my history exam tommorow.
Original post by HateOCR
Oh yeah wasnt your one the one about police and teenage drinking? lmao exams are so irrelevant these years. Im revising how frogs hatch from eggs for my history exam tommorow.

Yeah but no police were in our exam lol. We had drunk rats, drunk teenagers and genetically-modified male mosquitos :smile: Exactly!! Lmao I cannot see the history :lol::lol: I'm here revising how 1950-1970 Britain improved but at the same time did not improve. (Edexcel unit 3c woohoo)
Reply 11
Yeah but no police were in our exam lol. We had drunk rats, drunk teenagers and genetically-modified male mosquitos :smile: Exactly!! Lmao I cannot see the history :lol::lol: I'm here revising how 1950-1970 Britain improved but at the same time did not improve. (Edexcel unit 3c woohoo)

Drunk mice? lol. Goodluck to you anyways! Im doing America race and policy and its super long. Atleast tommorow is the last day (for me anyways).
Original post by HateOCR
Drunk mice? lol. Goodluck to you anyways! Im doing America race and policy and its super long. Atleast tommorow is the last day (for me anyways).

Yup and independent companies :tongue: Aww man I'd love to learn about America!! Learning about our nation isn't the greatest (except for the beatles and media part which interests me lol). Thank you! Good luck to you too!
Reply 13
Yup and independent companies :tongue: Aww man I'd love to learn about America!! Learning about our nation isn't the greatest (except for the beatles and media part which interests me lol). Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Lol my parents dont like history because they think its BS and its been changed to fit a capitalist point of view. Im not allowed to pick it for A-level for that reason xD. Btw do you mind telling me what you hope to study at A-level?? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by HateOCR

Have some fun. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Fish40
Have some fun. :smile:

I will after my last exam tommorow thank you :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by HateOCR
I will after my last exam tommorow thank you :smile:

Aren't your exams fun?
Reply 17
Original post by Fish40
Aren't your exams fun?

Sure I love them and i get excited everyday knowing i got an exam *sarcastic face*
GCSEs don't mean ****, really
they MIGHT matter very slightly if you're applying for oxford or cambridge, but other than that, no.
Reply 19
Original post by HateOCR
Sure I love them and i get excited everyday knowing i got an exam *sarcastic face*

If you don't enjoy them, then why do you care, don't take them seriously. If you enjoy a subject, then do it, have fun basically

Quick Reply