The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry B - C4 C5 C6 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by subhan23
Which one do u need ben?
I just want to see the answers for C5 and C6 so I can guess what I've got
Original post by leopard923
I think it went quite well :smile: hopefully I got an a* wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like the first paper went super well, and with my CA (A*), I hope I'll get an A* overall. This paper actually went rather well, so hopefully an A*. :smile:
Guys litearlly i have been the smartest student in my class and throughout the coursewrk working days iput 100%. To achieve the a star. But however that wasnt the case and i got 37 out of 48. I so pissed. And my chem teacher is a idiot aswell so... do u think with postal moderation these cw mark can be put up. For me to acheive my stars. Becuase i certanily think i got both stars on both paper?.
Guys litearlly i have been the smartest student in my class and throughout the coursewrk working days iput 100%. To achieve the a star. But however that wasnt the case and i got 37 out of 48. I so pissed. And my chem teacher is a idiot aswell so... do u think with postal moderation these cw mark can be put up. For me to acheive my stars. Becuase i certanily think i got both stars on both paper?.

If yours was sent off for moderation then yes it is definitely a possibility :redface:. If 37 is an a, you shows still get an a* if your tests were both good a*s anyways :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GCShElpme
I feel like the first paper went super well, and with my CA (A*), I hope I'll get an A* overall. This paper actually went rather well, so hopefully an A*. :smile:

I preferred the first one also :smile: good luck for physics !
Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude, if you think you've gotten A*'s on both papers, chances are you're going to end up with an A* overall. Don't sweat it. :smile:
Original post by leopard923
I preferred the first one also :smile: good luck for physics !
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Good luck to you too. :smile: I've only got my final history exam (Surgery) and physics left.
Thank u guys. And i swear on the margarine question on c6 it talked about how its manafacutred. I wrote about making unsaturatted turn into staurated. Nickle catayslt at 200 degrees and partially molten maragrine along those linez?
Thank u guys. And i swear on the margarine question on c6 it talked about how its manafacutred. I wrote about making unsaturatted turn into staurated. Nickle catayslt at 200 degrees and partially molten maragrine along those linez?

You may have needed to write about the fact that hydrogen is bubbled through the oil too in order to achieve both marks. I'm sure you at least got one, if not two for writing what you've written above. :smile:
Urmm and the displacement 6 marker. The word equation was iron plus copper sulfate makes iron sulfate and copper. And crap i forgot to include tjose half equations fml
Original post by GCShElpme
Thank you! Good luck to you too. :smile: I've only got my final history exam (Surgery) and physics left.

Thanks ! Good luck in history as well lol:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
C5 Question 9 dii should be 1920cm3. Anyone else get this answer?
Urmm and the displacement 6 marker. The word equation was iron plus copper sulfate makes iron sulfate and copper. And crap i forgot to include tjose half equations fml

You can still probably get a good mark even without the half equations, and thanks for letting me know I got the equation the wrong way round :smile:

Good luck for physics on wednesday :smile:
Original post by omarkhaled
I think 9c was 60g

Original post by davist

Thank you :smile: I will amend my mark scheme :smile:
I'm not sure looking at mark schemes really does my confidence very good! :frown: Good luck for Physics on Wednesday everyone as well!
C6 finished - only Section D left :smile:
Original post by davist

How did you get 1920? Just interested cause I had no idea :smile:
Where's section D???
Welp, after looking at the mark scheme, I feel a tad less confident, hopefully 46 will be an A! But good luck for Physics everyone!
It was 1920 cm3 for the volume of gas at room temperature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending