The Student Room Group

FBI releases Orlando shooter's 911 calls but removes Islamic references

Omar Mateen's calls to 911 have been released by the FBI but all references to Islam were censored out to avoid offending Muslim people.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/orlando-shooter-omar-mateens-conversations-with-police-negotiators-make-public-a7091846.html

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/19/islam-isis-loretta-lynch-censored-911-orlando/

What a politically correct world we live in. The FBI should tell the American people the truth about what he said- not censor the transcript to avoid references to Islam and to condition the American people into thinking that this attack had nothing to do with the attacker's religious views. People should be more outraged about this. We should know the truth and we have to be correct- not politically correct
Islam has nothing to do with Islamic terror attacks!!
No they have removed reference to what I assume was Isis and its leader. Islamic terms and phrases are left in just translated to English.
Reply 3
Original post by Mathemagicien
FTFY

Yeah keep believing that Islam is an entirely peaceful religion with nothing to do with terrorism even though it is completely false.
Hmmm... Seems shady to me
I would love to actually hear the convo.. these 911 calls are always recorded. If they want to redact the sensitive parts, so be it.. a transcript is pretty useless. Also why would he speak in Arabic?
Lean mean Jihadi Mateen
Original post by MildredMalone
Islam has nothing to do with Islamic terror attacks!!

Are you trolling?:biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by ellie0497
Hmmm... Seems shady to me

Oh hey girl
Original post by Iknowbest
I would love to actually hear the convo.. these 911 calls are always recorded. If they want to redact the sensitive parts, so be it.. a transcript is pretty useless. Also why would he speak in Arabic?

Honestly, I don't even believe this. Firstly he wouldn't speak in Arabic (common sense) and also why would they 'sensor' bits out? I would only trust it if I actually heard the recording not a possible mistranslated transcript which its validity could be questioned.
wtf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending