The Student Room Group

B7 21C (21st Century New GCSE Biology - UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
I hope so. It was such a bad paper - nothing on the skeletal system, blood, tissue fluid or eutrophication - more on flipping risk and LCAs which, I thought we only had to know about for C3?? Do they know that was over a month ago?

Glad you found it better. I'm sure you'll get a good grade :smile:

Lo l just crossed a tweet from you on the ocrbiology page. Yeah i also found the paper a little hard. There was too much analyses and the paper focused too much on geography and had Chemistry in it omg. I'd be so sad if i dont get my A* in results day
Original post by HateOCR
Lo l just crossed a tweet from you on the ocrbiology page. Yeah i also found the paper a little hard. There was too much analyses and the paper focused too much on geography and had Chemistry in it omg. I'd be so sad if i dont get my A* in results day

Biology is the most dull science imo, but using other full subjects like geography and chemistry won't liven it up!! Haha
You stalking me? Haha jk
And yeah there really was. Why can't a science paper just test us on our knowledge of science for once? Like would it really be so hard?
Same really as I know I'm capable. But it wouldn't surprise me.
Reply 62
I don't think the grade boundary will be any higher than last year because there were quite a few awkward questions.
Reply 63
I hope so. It was such a bad paper - nothing on the skeletal system, blood, tissue fluid or eutrophication - more on flipping risk and LCAs which, I thought we only had to know about for C3?? Do they know that was over a month ago?

Glad you found it better. I'm sure you'll get a good grade :smile:

Thankyou,I was surprised there was no questions on eutrophication or knee joints
Biology is the most dull science imo, but using other full subjects like geography and chemistry won't liven it up!! Haha
You stalking me? Haha jk
And yeah there really was. Why can't a science paper just test us on our knowledge of science for once? Like would it really be so hard?
Same really as I know I'm capable. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah same; in class im pretty much an A* student but these irrelevant OCR exams always trip me up. I done super well in all my exams but i think i scraped an A in B7 so i proabably lost my A*. :frown:
Original post by babznd
Thankyou,I was surprised there was no questions on eutrophication or knee joints

I was raging, I could've written an essay on eutrophication I know it that well. And diabetes. I was so annoyed none of them came up 😒

Original post by HateOCR
Yeah same; in class im pretty much an A* student but these irrelevant OCR exams always trip me up. I done super well in all my exams but i think i scraped an A in B7 so i proabably lost my A*. :frown:

Since we started doing GCSE science I've pretty much struggled. I was flying before then, before OCR screwed my life over!! And I doubt you have, B7 is only 25% so if you've got 75% A* then an A in B7 isn't going to change that :smile:
Original post by Jakir
Blessing you know that the percentage increase is like 105% cos it is is like 5 to 11, so it doubles

I thought it was how much the percentage risk increased by and wasn't it in percentages to begin with?? :confused:
Original post by blessingmariee
I thought it was how much the percentage risk increased by and wasn't it in percentages to begin with?? :confused:

Nope it was a value. I done somethingl ike 11 - 5.6 and i got 5.4 i think
I was raging, I could've written an essay on eutrophication I know it that well. And diabetes. I was so annoyed none of them came up 😒

Since we started doing GCSE science I've pretty much struggled. I was flying before then, before OCR screwed my life over!! And I doubt you have, B7 is only 25% so if you've got 75% A* then an A in B7 isn't going to change that :smile:

Did you estimate your marks? i think i got roughly 39-41 marks
Reply 69

No as that was the unit for the vertical axis and then cancels - it was like 10 - 5 / 5 ( i can't remember the exact numbers) and then multiply by 100. It was percentage increase
Original post by 99Qwerty99
Can you include the marks if possible?? Thanks :smile:

Will see what I can remember. Bare in mind these questions aren't in order.
Original post by Jakir
No as that was the unit for the vertical axis and then cancels - it was like 10 - 5 / 5 ( i can't remember the exact numbers) and then multiply by 100. It was percentage increase

It was an INCREDIBLY poorly worded question, OCR at their finest here.
It didn't want percentage increase, it wanted increase in percentage risk.
A very easy mistake to make though.
Original post by Jakir
wait what what the unit on the vertical axis?
Original post by HateOCR
Did you estimate your marks? i think i got roughly 39-41 marks

No, I don't know how many marks the questions were worth really. I will try though.
wait what what the unit on the vertical axis?

Percentage risk of developing lung cancer
Original post by babznd
15. Ecoservices for humans include (you only need three for three marks)
pollination
clean water
air
fertile soil for growing crops
food e.g fish and game

Could you have put plants are used for medicine,wood is used for furniture and paper?

wood was already in the question i believe but i think plants for medicine would be accepted. x
Reply 76

How many marks was it?

So is 5.6. // 5.5 right or?
Is it ok if i said faeces was part of the ecosystem waste?
Original post by Jakir
How many marks was it?
probably 1 or 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending