The Student Room Group

AQA Biology 5 - 23rd June 2015 - Essay: Predictions & Past Essays

Scroll to see replies

Can someone please do "importance of glucose for organisms" or the "structure and functions of different animal cells" as someone predicted this!
Original post by Serine Soul
Ions in organisms:

Spoiler

You have mentioned:
10) Mg2+ - chlorophyll production
Pleasee can you explain this point? :smile:
Original post by cherrybanana
Can someone please do "importance of glucose for organisms" or the "structure and functions of different animal cells" as someone predicted this!

Importance of glucose sounds pretty closed as an essay title, hasn't been asked on either legacy spec or current spec. Structure and functions of different animal cells probably has a few points in the essays regarding shapes and fit
Original post by Sarcastic Goats
Importance of glucose sounds pretty closed as an essay title, hasn't been asked on either legacy spec or current spec. Structure and functions of different animal cells probably has a few points in the essays regarding shapes and fit

Oh ok!

Could you please outline a few points for the structure and function of animal cells if you have time! :smile:
Oh ok!

Could you please outline a few points for the structure and function of animal cells if you have time! :smile:

There's a couple in June 2012 in the original post.
Should we add a conclusion to our essay? My teacher says yes to tie it up but other people have said its a waste of time???
Does anyone know what the essay titles were in the stolen 2015 paper please?
You have mentioned:
10) Mg2+ - chlorophyll production
Pleasee can you explain this point? :smile:

It's literally just that lol. I remember it from my notes
Original post by Cathy678
Does anyone know what the essay titles were in the stolen 2015 paper please?

The importance of proteins in the control of processes and responses in organisms.

The causes and importance of variation and diversity in organisms.

I wouldnt have a clue what to write for either of these??😬😬😬
CAN SOMEONE FIND OUT IF THIS IS TRUE PLEASE https://twitter.com/biology267383
Should we add a conclusion to our essay? My teacher says yes to tie it up but other people have said its a waste of time???

Only add it if it adds extra points and not just a summary of what's already been said. The examiners report a few years back quotes "some candidates produced lengthy introductions and conclusions that were no more than synopses of what was going to be or had been written. Clearly this wastes time that would better be spent providing appropriate detail" :smile:
I think basically your intro should just say your umbrella topics in your plan and relate it to the question. One sentence, maybe two; max.

No it's a waste of time.

Have a look at this
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Ulch think I'm screwed whatever comes up.
Unit 1 + 2 seem like a lifetime ago
Original post by Sarcastic Goats
No it's a waste of time.

Have a look at this

If you've done something like History and have learned to do a good conclusion I see why not, if you're certain that you've finished of course. I doubt you'd get marked down, but yeah it could be a waste of time if you do it wrong. I use conclusions to sum up something I felt like I 'waffled' on about
I would love an essay on enzymes or cycles in biology! What is everyone doing to revise unit 1&2, there's only a day left and I barely remember anything.
Reply 37
What would you include in an essay on the causes and importance of variation and diversity in organisms please?
Original post by dawndo
What would you include in an essay on the causes and importance of variation and diversity in organisms please?

I'm not too sure but I'd probably include things like
- alleles and how differences in alleles arise from mutations, random fertilisation or meiosis (I.e. Independent segregation of homologous chromosomes and crossing over)
- selection pressures and how variations in phenotype and the wide range of alleles contribute to survival of advantageous individuals (e.g. Selection)
- natural selection
- speciation
- DNA hybridisation
- genes as genes code for polypeptides and polypeptides control the nature and development of organisms
- how diversity enables an ecosystem to be more stable

Dunno just thinking but they're some of the things that immediately come to mind :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by charlie2466
I'm not too sure but I'd probably include things like
- alleles and how differences in alleles arise from mutations, random fertilisation or meiosis (I.e. Independent segregation of homologous chromosomes and crossing over)
- selection pressures and how variations in phenotype and the wide range of alleles contribute to survival of advantageous individuals (e.g. Selection)
- natural selection
- speciation
- DNA hybridisation
- genes as genes code for polypeptides and polypeptides control the nature and development of organisms
- how diversity enables an ecosystem to be more stable

Dunno just thinking but they're some of the things that immediately come to mind :smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending