Unit 3 tomorrow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you feel??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by skytrenfield
How do you feel??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stressed! Hoping for some nice questions though!
Original post by TMC113
Stressed! Hoping for some nice questions though!

Same!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I had a feeling about virtue ethics... Must be intuition...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by TMC113
Hi, does anyone have any advice on how to do AO2 for Westphal passages? It seems difficult considering the lack of argument?

I'm trying to do one on the Post-Kantian section - "in the final three books..." and the next paragraph.

Thanks

Original post by ellie0602
Hi. I'm revising Westphal right now and I'm stuck on part B. Does anyone have any suggestions about why they agree/disagree with different aspects of the text and what the implications would be and why? Or know a good resource where I can have a look? Thanks!

Well, the question is "do you agree with the ideas expressed" so the best thing to do is to see not what Westphal is saying (as he doesn't offer much of an opinion) but what the people he is writing about are saying.

For example, if you had the Marx / Nietzsche passage, you could talk about whether you agree with them. What would happen if Marx was right about religion? What would society be like? Same with Schleiermacher. Is it really feasible to have a universal religion? What would happen if Christianity is literal truth and we turn our backs on it saying Jesus is simply an archetype?
Reply 27
what do people reckon is the most likely to come up?
Original post by anet456
what do people reckon is the most likely to come up?

Most likely to be Ayer, then secondly Westphal as Donovan came up last year, but it could be any of them really!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by skytrenfield
Most likely to be Ayer, then secondly Westphal as Donovan came up last year, but it could be any of them really!

Posted from TSR Mobile

so hard to revise it all in such a short amount of time, i dont think they have ever repeated any questions 2 years in a row but still so risky if it is donovan
Reply 30
Original post by AnnieGakusei
Well, the question is "do you agree with the ideas expressed" so the best thing to do is to see not what Westphal is saying (as he doesn't offer much of an opinion) but what the people he is writing about are saying.

For example, if you had the Marx / Nietzsche passage, you could talk about whether you agree with them. What would happen if Marx was right about religion? What would society be like? Same with Schleiermacher. Is it really feasible to have a universal religion? What would happen if Christianity is literal truth and we turn our backs on it saying Jesus is simply an archetype?

Thank you!!!
hey guys, I'm really struggling with this paper. Does anyone have any sites that might help break down each article by sections? I'm absolutely clueless for Donovan and Westphal, how likely do you guys think it is they'd come up? Fingers crossed its Ayer!!!
Reply 32
Original post by koolkid1997
hey guys, I'm really struggling with this paper. Does anyone have any sites that might help break down each article by sections? I'm absolutely clueless for Donovan and Westphal, how likely do you guys think it is they'd come up? Fingers crossed its Ayer!!!

Shame that Wellington College made their resources private…

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
What are we all hoping for?

I'd like a nice Westphal passage! Failing that - Ayer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys I have come to revision way too late for this, can anyone help a fellow struggling student out and link a model essay of Ayer or Westphal?! would so greatly appreciate it!
Reply 35
Original post by JIMMYBOY4545
Hey guys I have come to revision way too late for this, can anyone help a fellow struggling student out and link a model essay of Ayer or Westphal?! would so greatly appreciate it!

Look on the examiner reports

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I'm sh**ting myself for this exam!! I have no idea what Westphal and Donovan even say, I really hope Ayer comes up or I will cry!
Original post by anet456
so hard to revise it all in such a short amount of time, i dont think they have ever repeated any questions 2 years in a row but still so risky if it is donovan

If Donovan came up again, he'd be used 4 TIMES more than Ayer, and twice as much as Westphal. Honestly if it's not Ayer I don't see why they've included him ( he's been once and only once)
Ayer has actually come up twice.
Reply 39
Can someone please explain Hegel's part in Westphal? Really confused and stuck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending