The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL A2 Physics EXAM Unit 4 Physics On The Move 20th June 2016 (NOT I-A-L)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by bad@$$
**** i got 83% for percentage decrease in charge :frown:

take that from 100= 16.7 you lost one mark
Original post by Mustafa347
i changed the multiple choice sphere charge question at the last second. I circled double both charges because i remember doing a past paper question where one of the charges was halved but angle of point charge remained the same. Therefore had no effect on the force. Had to be both

nope its definitely halve just one man
Original post by Freddielow
nope its definitely halve just one man

Surely it did, if you halved the charge on both the force would be F/4 not F/2

Posted from TSR Mobile
For multiple choice was it 0.37 or 0.63? I think I may have misread question.
Original post by Salty carpet
I put higher value...

Its lower as V=angular velocity x radius and not fully inflater tyre means radius is smaller
Original post by target21859

it was 0.37
Original post by Freddielow
it was 0.37

Yay that's what I got :biggrin:. And is it 17% or 33%? There is so much confusion.
Yay that's what I got :biggrin:. And is it 17% or 33%? There is so much confusion.

Personally i got 16.7, but not too confident

0.37, it said "remaining charge".
For the question about the magnetic accelerating upwards away from the coil. When the questionasked you why the magnitude of current changes. Did you say it increased because rate of change of flux linkage increases since speed is increasing. Or it decreased as B decreases since the magnet is moving away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oShahpo
0.37, it said "remaining charge".

An good thought it said the opposite. Was 0.024 an answer as well?
An good thought it said the opposite. Was 0.024 an answer as well?

I got 0.024 as one of the multiple choice answers
Original post by crimson1234
For the question about the magnetic accelerating upwards away from the coil. When the questionasked you why the magnitude of current changes. Did you say it increased because rate of change of flux linkage increases since speed is increasing. Or it decreased as B decreases since the magnet is moving away

Posted from TSR Mobile

I talked about the rate of change of flux linkage increasing as it was accelerating upwards, so Faraday's law states the induced emf increases and so does the current -- is that similar to what you wrote?
I think it's time for me to stop worrying about unit 4 and concentrate on S2/FP3/Unit 5 :biggrin: just two more days of exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said it decreased as the flux linkage decreases as the magnet moves away from the coil :s-smilie:
Original post by funkyfig
I talked about the rate of change of flux linkage increasing as it was accelerating upwards, so Faraday's law states the induced emf increases and so does the current -- is that similar to what you wrote?

Yeah that's what I wrote but a few people in my class said flux density decreases as the magnet moves away so flux linkage decreases and so current decreases

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's time for me to stop worrying about unit 4 and concentrate on S2/FP3/Unit 5 :biggrin: just two more days of exams :smile:

Unit 5 is in one week, not two more days
Original post by Qcomber
Unit 5 is in one week, not two more days

I know :biggrin: I meant have 2 days left in which I have exams a week from now.
Yeah that's what I wrote but a few people in my class said flux density decreases as the magnet moves away so flux linkage decreases and so current decreases

Posted from TSR Mobile

The actual magnitude of flux density is irrelevant, it's its rate of change that induces the EMF. Your answer is correct, although I missed the word accelerate, I said the velocity varies, bloody keywords.
Original post by tkjoption
You are correct if the question implicitly says starting from the initial position
but the question as I remembered, was
it says it can be the allowed difference of silicon from its position is 0.7 mm
meaning +/- 0.7 mm from the position is all possible i.e Maximum possible d is 3.5+0.7 minimum possible d is 3.5-0.7
hence Dmax=4.2 mm
Dmin=2.8 mm
Question ask the maximum possible allowed percentage decrease
so as maximum possible d is 4.2
minimum possible d is 2.8
the maximum possible allowed decrease is from 4.2 mm
to 2.8 mm as
it could be at 4.2 but is at 2.8
hence max percentage decrease is 33.3%

nevertheless I actually do understand your point , it is valid and logical from your prospective but

but this does not mean that you start from 3.5

Yeah I was 100% convinced it was 17% but now I'm not so sure, there's no denying that if you're at 2.8mm you could go to 4.2 which would be a 33% decrease like you say. Hopefully Edexcel will accept either because of the ambiguity of the question. I did all the working for 33% then crossed it out and did it for 17%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending