The Student Room Group

School not sending me my results slip, what can I do?!

I emailed my school's exams officer on the Friday 10th and I have not been sent anything yet. I understand that it's exams week but I need this sent urgently.

I have called multiple times in the last week and it's actually gotten to the point where she has made sure I can't get in touch with her. [Whenever I call the reception to forward me to her number, I am told to email her].

The school can't do this right? It seems intentional at this point. I emailed her back in January for my results and it took her 2 weeks. Only now did I realise that she didn't send all my results and I'm missing maths.

If this carries on for much longer, is that any way to report this. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but this shouldnt be a hard task right? I've already told her my ULN, UCI and candidate number.

Just to clarify, I've been nothing but polite so I can't seem to find the issue

"Dear ********

Thank you for sending my results but the AS maths grades were not included. Could you send me that also.

Many thanks,
*******"

"Dear ********

I know you are busy with exams but could you try send my results today? I don't mean you rush you but it's urgent for me.
I don't need all the results, just maths is fine. I would be incredibly grateful if you could

Many thanks,
********"
Original post by JackieTran
I emailed my school's exams officer on the Friday 10th and I have not been sent anything yet. I understand that it's exams week but I need this sent urgently.

I have called multiple times in the last week and it's actually gotten to the point where she has made sure I can't get in touch with her. [Whenever I call the reception to forward me to her number, I am told to email her].

The school can't do this right? It seems intentional at this point. I emailed her back in January for my results and it took her 2 weeks. Only now did I realise that she didn't send all my results and I'm missing maths.

If this carries on for much longer, is that any way to report this. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but this shouldnt be a hard task right? I've already told her my ULN, UCI and candidate number.

Just to clarify, I've been nothing but polite so I can't seem to find the issue

"Dear ********

Thank you for sending my results but the AS maths grades were not included. Could you send me that also.

Many thanks,
*******"

"Dear ********

I know you are busy with exams but could you try send my results today? I don't mean you rush you but it's urgent for me.
I don't need all the results, just maths is fine. I would be incredibly grateful if you could

Many thanks,
********"

I agree, the exams officer is being very rude. Can you contact her superiors? Perhaps your head of year or even deputy head?

By the way, why do you need these results right now? Does she know the reason why it can't wait?
I mean, you've not needed the result for the past 5 months, surely you can wait another week?
Reply 3
go see her in person wearing all black and watch how fast she gives them to you
Reply 4
Original post by Elivercury
I mean, you've not needed the result for the past 5 months, surely you can wait another week?

I was applying for Uni's during January but I didnt have any proof of grades so I ultimately rejected for the placement.
I called them up several weeks back to ask for a reassessment to which they said okay. It has already been almost 2 weeks since I they allowed for a reassessment but I still failed to provide anything. I don't know what they are thinking but this would leave a bad impression, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Yua
go see her in person wearing all black and watch how fast she gives them to you

If I can't even get in contact with her through phone, what makes you think i'll have a chance to meet her face to face. Receptionist will never let me through :mad:
If I can't even get in contact with her through phone, what makes you think i'll have a chance to meet her face to face. Receptionist will never let me through :mad:

Could you perhaps contract your maths teacher and ask if they can do something about the situation? Or your form tutor, careers advisor or another member of staff? They may not be able to help you directly, but they could possibly talk some sense into her and explain what unnecessary stress she is causing you.

I'd probably say get in touch with your Head of Year or somebody,.

Why wouldn't the receptionist let you through?
Reply 8
Original post by Platopus
Could you perhaps contract your maths teacher and ask if they can do something about the situation? Or your form tutor, careers advisor or another member of staff? They may not be able to help you directly, but they could possibly talk some sense into her and explain what unnecessary stress she is causing you.

I haven't been to that school in 2 years I wouldn't know who to ask for help
I haven't been to that school in 2 years I wouldn't know who to ask for help

I see. Do you still know the email addresses of any of your past teachers?
Reply 10
Original post by flyingpanda
I'd probably say get in touch with your Head of Year or somebody,.

Why wouldn't the receptionist let you through?

If shes too 'busy' to talk to me on the phone. I don't think the receptionist will call her out of her office to meet me. I don't go to the school anymore so I won't be able to go on the school grounds.

I'm not being paranoid right? Shouldn't it only take her like 5 minutes to enter my UCI, ULN and candidate number to find what Im looking for or is there more to it?
Reply 11
Original post by Platopus
I see. Do you still know the email addresses of any of your past teachers?

Afraid not
If shes too 'busy' to talk to me on the phone. I don't think the receptionist will call her out of her office to meet me. I don't go to the school anymore so I won't be able to go on the school grounds.

I'm not being paranoid right? Shouldn't it only take her like 5 minutes to enter my UCI, ULN and candidate number to find what Im looking for or is there more to it?

You've only just left, they can't be that strict, can they?

Also, you should send in a complaint or get parents involved or something, maybe to scare them into actually doing something.

My school has a kind of directory, so you have access to all teacher's school emails. Does your school not have one?
Reply 13
Original post by flyingpanda
You've only just left, they can't be that strict, can they?

Also, you should send in a complaint or get parents involved or something, maybe to scare them into actually doing something.

My school has a kind of directory, so you have access to all teacher's school emails. Does your school not have one?

I want to send a complaint but I know that will just make things worse and she will take longer. I don't go there anymore so I doubt getting my parents involved will even help.

And nope, no directory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending