The Student Room Group

AQA level 2 Further maths GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSlayerr
I wrote 16/-rt1/25.
How many marks will I lose for not getting -80?

If I remember correctly it was out of 4. So it would have been a mark for working out x, a mark for working out y, possibly one for writing down 16/-0.2 and then one for the answer of -80. So my guess if you got x correct is one mark.
Original post by JayyyThornton
If I remember correctly it was out of 4. So it would have been a mark for working out x, a mark for working out y, possibly one for writing down 16/-0.2 and then one for the answer of -80. So my guess if you got x correct is one mark.

This I did everything correctly. Phew it's only one mark :smile:
I got cos theta equals -5/6 for the third last question (the one about finding cos theta from sin ( sqrt(11) / 6 )
Original post by Ishan_2000
Integer values for x^2 - 20x + 96 < 0

So, (x - 8)(x - 12) < 0

Thanks

Can people remember how many marks that one was? I think I only got to the (x-8)(x-12) stage :frown:
What did everyone get for the rationalising the denominator question?
Original post by JayyyThornton
Currently looking like I may get that A* distinction that has been so elusive. Looks like A/A* core maths, and if the FM calculator paper is the same difficulty, that A* distinction

since we are kind of in the same boat, do u think that a highly selective sixthform would still accept you if you got an A for core maths and A*/A^ for fmaths??? Cause i completly screwed the core non calc paper up, and there is no chance I'll get an A* for that.
predicted grade boundaries?
Original post by penelopecrux
Hey u know for the trig question i wrote 3/5, would i lose 1 mark, i showed my working..?

I think I put 3/5 for one of the questions too but I can't remember what question it was
Original post by penelopecrux
U know for the x/y question, i got 80, would i lose a mark? and for the trig identity i didn't do negatives for both :/

You will probably only lose 1 mark for putting 80 because all you didn't do was recognise that y<0
Original post by Examscanyounot
You will probably only lose 1 mark for putting 80 because all you didn't do was recognise that y<0

and also the 3/5 trig question right? that means i would lose like 2 marks throughout the whole paper i hope.
Original post by clorenzoni5
We literally got the same answers for everything! omg that makes me sooo happy, it means i didnt completely screw that test over.

Good to hear! I couldn't answer the last question and one other question literally my workings were invaluable for them so hopefully I've just got an A*. I realised I made mistakes for others too so I think I've got 58 roughly.
Original post by clorenzoni5
since we are kind of in the same boat, do u think that a highly selective sixthform would still accept you if you got an A for core maths and A*/A^ for fmaths??? Cause i completly screwed the core non calc paper up, and there is no chance I'll get an A* for that.

Same as me mate, think I have the same position as you. I also need great results for my college but I fluffed the calc paper.

Quick Reply

Latest