The Student Room Group

Is Glasgow the best city in the UK?

friendly Glaswegians, hot birds and a sexy city :colone:

London > Glasgow
Original post by NewcastleFresher

This is a joke right? Glasgow isn't even the best city in Scotland!

Here is a list of the many cities that are better than Glasgow in Uk:

London
Edinburgh
Manchester
York
Bristol
Bath
Oxford
Brighton
I read somewhere that Edinburgh is the best city to live in the UK

...are just some of the things that Glasgow lacks.
Original post by aeroline1999
This is a joke right? Glasgow isn't even the best city in Scotland!

Here is a list of the many cities that are better than Glasgow in Uk:

London
Edinburgh
Manchester
York
Bristol
Bath
Oxford
Brighton

Glasgow > Edinburgh IMHO

Im not from Glasgow but go there a lot, my uncle lives in the West End
Couldn't possibly say without visiting every UK city and even then it's all relative.

But I absolutely loved Glasgow.
friendly Glaswegians, hot birds and a sexy city

Must not have been there too long then. Or you know way better people than I do. I know imported "glassies, weegies," whatever, and the **** I hear would make me never wanna go glasgow lol. But anyway there's a nice side and an ugly side to every place.
Original post by 0to100
Must not have been there too long then. Or you know way better people than I do. I know imported "glassies, weegies," whatever, and the **** I hear would make me never wanna go glasgow lol. But anyway there's a nice side and an ugly side to every place.

youve met Glaswegians who are ******s then? Or what have you heard :yep:

morven Christie is glaswegian, pretty fit IMHO (i mean birds you see in the clubs too)

Glasgow > Edinburgh IMHO

Im not from Glasgow but go there a lot, my uncle lives in the West End

I've lived in neither, I've visited both. My Dad came from Glasgow and my mum from Edinburgh.
Edinburgh is richer, better, more fun, its just a better city.
Of course that is subjective, but I love it here :biggrin: I love the atmosphere of the city centre and the nightlife here and we're a mostly friendly bunch! (Yes, being Glaswegian, i'm a little biased)
I live just outside Glasgow and I've always felt Glasgow has a certain charm to it :h: I've visited a lot of cities around Scotland and the rest of The UK but Glasgow remains my personal favourite in terms of the vibe, things to do and friendliness of the locals. It has its rough areas like everywhere else but I've never once felt unsafe there or had any trouble while I've been there and I'm in the city a lot.
Original post by 0to100

Sweet tracksuit bro
youve met Glaswegians who are ******s then? Or what have you heard :yep:

morven Christie is glaswegian, pretty fit IMHO (i mean birds you see in the clubs too)

What's even the censored word? Well what I've heard is erm the basics: stabbings, muggings, smackies. Maybe it's just my crowd dunno. Sure there are lovely ppl up in Glasgow, what areas did you go to while you were there so I know

Original post by conformplease
Sweet tracksuit bro

lol cheers
Original post by 0to100
What's even the censored word? Well what I've heard is erm the basics: stabbings, muggings, smackies. Maybe it's just my crowd dunno. Sure there are lovely ppl up in Glasgow, what areas did you go to while you were there so I know

Glasgow as with pretty much every major city has it's good areas and bad areas. And as with most places it tends to be the outskirts of the city that aren't the nicest/ safest.

I've spend a lot of time in the heart of Glasgow, it's a lovely and beautiful place.
Original post by SophieSmall
Glasgow as with pretty much every major city has it's good areas and bad areas. And as with most places it tends to be the outskirts of the city that aren't the nicest/ safest.

I've spend a lot of time in the heart of Glasgow, it's a lovely and beautiful place.

Well yea which areas specifically like which area did you go to that's nice. Everyone I know from there is dodgy or says it's dodgy so maybe I need to expand.
Original post by 0to100
Well yea which areas specifically like which area did you go to that's nice. Everyone I know from there is dodgy or says it's dodgy so maybe I need to expand.

I spent a lot of time in the kelvingrove park area (Saw a deer, it was awesome).
Also the literal city centre is a good shout, some great restaurants there and it has a lot of charm. The necropolis was nice, as were the numerous museums and art galleries dotted around the area.
Original post by SophieSmall
I spent a lot of time in the kelvingrove park area (Saw a deer, it was awesome).
Also the literal city centre is a good shout, some great restaurants there and it has a lot of charm. The necropolis was nice, as were the numerous museums and art galleries dotted around the area.

Ah city centre sweet. Cheers for this might pop by to visit some mates and we can just go there instead of faffing around in strange places lol :yes:
no
I love Glasgow but my ancestors came from there, so maybe I'm biased...:wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest