The Student Room Group

How much money should i take to Malia?

I'm going to Malia with my friends next month and I'm unsure about how much money i should take. I was thinking around 700?? But people are saying its really cheap and thats too much, yet others are taking £1200??!!! Anyone been before and can recommend how much to take?
Original post by stephb95
I'm going to Malia with my friends next month and I'm unsure about how much money i should take. I was thinking around 700?? But people are saying its really cheap and thats too much, yet others are taking £1200??!!! Anyone been before and can recommend how much to take?

ive been before. i took around £1,000 but £700 should be fine
Reply 2
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
ive been before. i took around £1,000 but £700 should be fine

Is it expensive there? Im really worried about running out of money because we have also planned to go to events such as a booze cruise and a house music event etc.
Why are you taking huge sums of money? Get an international credit card and withdraw as needed.
Is it expensive there? Im really worried about running out of money because we have also planned to go to events such as a booze cruise and a house music event etc.

if you go to the right places within malia they are quite cheap. how long you going for?
Reply 5
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
if you go to the right places within malia they are quite cheap. how long you going for?

just for a week
Reply 6
Original post by Elivercury
Why are you taking huge sums of money? Get an international credit card and withdraw as needed.

Yeah my friend has just been talking about a travel card. Seems easier
I recommend a Halifax Clarity card. Really good exchange rate and even with 13% APR withdrawing cash works out cheaper than exchanging your money anywhere on the highstreet.
Reply 8

same next month lalalalala
Reply 9
Original post by linaxq
same next month lalalalala

How much are you taking?
Reply 10
How much are you taking?

for one week maybe 500-700 ive been to tenerife with 500 and had about 120 ish left over and that included nights out and doing stuff like jet ski etc + food

500 got me about 690 euros at the time
I went to malia last year for 7 days. I took 1000 euro, i spent roughly 650 in the first day, as i bought all inclusive bands and quad bikes and pre drinks for the week. In regard to general spending money i found food was the thing i spent the most on, the food wasn't that cheap there, however if you are a larger group, bars and clubs will give you 'deals' which will help reduce how much a night out costs. It's not that cheap but it's cheaper than here. For instance a double vodka and coke there, was 4-5 euro however it would be half a ****ing cup of vodka so i felt the quantity you got was more. I ran out of money a day before the end because i just spent it on pointless ****. 700 would be fine as long as like me, you didn't pay for quad bikes.

Quick Reply

Latest