The Student Room Group

I've given up

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sleepysnooze
GCSEs don't mean ****, really
they MIGHT matter very slightly if you're applying for oxford or cambridge, but other than that, no.

Oxford and Cambridge are stupid then
Original post by Fish40
Oxford and Cambridge are stupid then

well there you go, GCSEs are extremely useless
they're basically what you'd need if you wanted to work for mcdonalds or something in my opinion - and even then, it's not essential. it's just a little trinket that says you didn't drop out of something.
Reply 22
they're basically what you'd need if you wanted to work for mcdonalds or something in my opinion - and even then, it's not essential. it's just a little trinket that says you didn't drop out of something.

A level exams are stupid as well
Reply 23
Original post by Fish40
If you don't enjoy them, then why do you care, don't take them seriously. If you enjoy a subject, then do it, have fun basically

I like learning i just hate exams.

not really, without them you could do no a levels

without a levels you couldnt find a very good uni

so they are still linked
Reply 25
GCSEs don't mean ****, really
they MIGHT matter very slightly if you're applying for oxford or cambridge, but other than that, no.

I want to get into a good College :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by HateOCR
I like learning i just hate exams.

Same here, how did Einstein and Newton discover their fields, through doing physics with time limits?
Original post by kaldrogo123
not really, without them you could do no a levels

without a levels you couldnt find a very good uni

so they are still linked

you don't *have* to do well in gcse to get onto an a level course. I did badly in chemistry gcse yet I still got onto the a level for it.
Reply 28
GCSEs are quite important, obviously not nearly as important as A-Levels but still important in their own right
If you get less than what you were hoping for your ego might suffer especially if people around you achieve better results
You'll have plenty of time to relax and procrastinate in the summer, now is the time to make a final effort with revision to make sure you won't be disappointed with yourself on result's day
Good luck and I hope it all goes well
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I have physics and further maths left. Bleh.

Exactly the same - OCR physics? and what did you think to today's Chemistry if so? I hated it!!!
Original post by jhuk510
Exactly the same - OCR physics? and what did you think to today's Chemistry if so? I hated it!!!

OCR indeed. I thought it was more difficult than last years paper but it was generally an alright paper. I think worst case scenario I will get 70. Why did you hate the paper?
OCR indeed. I thought it was more difficult than last years paper but it was generally an alright paper. I think worst case scenario I will get 70. Why did you hate the paper?

I just thought C4's six marker was horrible, and also I thought that in general it was just much harder than usual, that's the general consensus around my school too! Oh well, onwards and upwards to physics! Any ideas?
Original post by jhuk510
I just thought C4's six marker was horrible, and also I thought that in general it was just much harder than usual, that's the general consensus around my school too! Oh well, onwards and upwards to physics! Any ideas?

That's strange since I found C4 6 marker the easiest (along with the final six marker)! But anyway, as you said "onwards and upwards to physics" now. I have no clue what may appear. I have yet to revise P5 and P6 tomorrow and do a billion past papers :colondollar:. If I make any predictions I will share them with you. Good luck :smile:.
Original post by HateOCR
I have 2 more GCSE exams and i've already done 16 but im sooooo worn out i cant even revise anymore, everytime i try revise i get distracted, things dont go in my head and i get generally lazy, especially seeing that most of my friends have already finished their exams yesterday. Can somebody give me advice or words of encouragement because i seriously cant be bothered to revise even though ive worked 2 years towards these exams

Keep going. A levels next. Then university. Then work 5/7 days for the rest of your life

Tryna make ends meet, your a slave to money then you die ieee
That's strange since I found C4 6 marker the easiest (along with the final six marker)! But anyway, as you said "onwards and upwards to physics" now. I have no clue what may appear. I have yet to revise P5 and P6 tomorrow and do a billion past papers :colondollar:. If I make any predictions I will share them with you. Good luck :smile:.

Good luck to you too! And I'm still yet to revise both of those units too!
Reply 35
Hey guys i just came back to the thread from last year. How did your GCSE grades go? Mine went fantastic? Also what AS levels are you doing this year? :smile:
Original post by HateOCR
Hey guys i just came back to the thread from last year. How did your GCSE grades go? Mine went fantastic? Also what AS levels are you doing this year? :smile:

What did you end up getting?
Reply 37
Original post by _gcx
What did you end up getting?

4A*'s 5A's and 2 B's.
Couldve done a little better but im happy, if you're a GCSE student id recommend starting revision late March.

Quick Reply

Latest