The Student Room Group

Could someone help with my prefect application form please?

I have answered all the questions but one, how could I support my form and form tutor?

Why do you want to be a prefect?

I would like to become a prefect because it is something that has interested me for a number of years as taking a leading role and showing initiative is natural to me. I also see this as a great opportunity to contribute back to the school from which I have learned a lot of valuable skills.

What are your aspirations?

After sixth form I plan to go to university and study law.
I hope to get a bachelors degree in law, Masters degree in corporate law, a PhD and a diploma in international law.
When I finish university I want to get an apprenticeship at a law firm in order to gain experience and get a better understand of what being a lawyer is like but my ultimate goal is to become a senior partner at a top law firm in New York.

Give an example of how you have participated positively as a team member

When working with a team I always like to make sure that everyone knows what they're doing and every one in the group is participating.
Last year I took part in and won business of enterprise where it was important to work well as a team in order to get the best possible results for the required task, I took on the role of designer because I thought that was the task I would do best rather than something like finance director which I wouldn't be particularly good at.

What is something unusual or unique you have done or would like to do?

Before I start university I'd like to travel to as many countries as I can in order to see and understand more about their religion, culture and traditions, I don't think it's fair to say people from a certain country are/act a certain way without knowing the underlying reasons, so to be able to talk to people native to the location and really understand would be such an eye opening experience that could benefit me in the future.

What is special about you?

I'm a very compassionate person and I'm often very empathetic to people and their situations and I try to help people as much as I can. I apply logic, reason and emotional aspects in equal proportion to the solution of problems. I'm also not afraid of failure, In fact I think it is an essential part of the experimental process that gets you to success.
Original post by Krissybeatrice
I have answered all the questions but one, how could I support my form and form tutor?

Why do you want to be a prefect?

I would like to become a prefect because it is something that has interested me for a number of years as taking a leading role and showing initiative is natural to me. I also see this as a great opportunity to contribute back to the school from which I have learned a lot of valuable skills.

What are your aspirations?

After sixth form I plan to go to university and study law.
I hope to get a bachelors degree in law, Masters degree in corporate law, a PhD and a diploma in international law.
When I finish university I want to get an apprenticeship at a law firm in order to gain experience and get a better understand of what being a lawyer is like but my ultimate goal is to become a senior partner at a top law firm in New York.

Give an example of how you have participated positively as a team member

When working with a team I always like to make sure that everyone knows what they're doing and every one in the group is participating.
Last year I took part in and won business of enterprise where it was important to work well as a team in order to get the best possible results for the required task, I took on the role of designer because I thought that was the task I would do best rather than something like finance director which I wouldn't be particularly good at.

What is something unusual or unique you have done or would like to do?

Before I start university I'd like to travel to as many countries as I can in order to see and understand more about their religion, culture and traditions, I don't think it's fair to say people from a certain country are/act a certain way without knowing the underlying reasons, so to be able to talk to people native to the location and really understand would be such an eye opening experience that could benefit me in the future.

What is special about you?

I'm a very compassionate person and I'm often very empathetic to people and their situations and I try to help people as much as I can. I apply logic, reason and emotional aspects in equal proportion to the solution of problems. I'm also not afraid of failure, In fact I think it is an essential part of the experimental process that gets you to success.

Hi. I applied to be a prefect at my school last year and got it. Here are some pointers.
Firstly in the aspirations question, I think it might be better to discuss your aspirations as a prefect. eg. I would like to set up a study group for younger members of the school to help them with any homework they are finding difficult.
Your career aspirations are admirable but it's only a prefect application... :smile:

For something unusual or unique you have done, again it might be better to focus on something you have done at school. eg. I participated in a STEM challenge (or something similar) which gave me a unique perspective on... and allowed me to...

What is special about you sounds good but I would get rid of the failure part. You are trying to get them to choose you as a prefect, not trying to explain why you don't mind if you don't get it.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but I've written way too many application forms and I'm starting to get an idea of what works. If you want more help, feel free to PM me and I can help you more. :smile:
Please could you help me give reasons on how I have demonstrated being a role model at school

Quick Reply

Latest