The Student Room Group

He contacted me after I asked him not to.

It has been a while; a couple of months but I was slowly healing and starting to do well. Now I'm stressed out because he just contacted me when I wasn't ready to talk to him, which isn't fair. I need to keep my cool, how do you deal with someone who breaks a No Contact which you initiated?
Technically it's a criminal offence.
Is this no contact an actual agreement i.e put in place by the courts or police?
If so report him to the ppolice pointing out he breached it.

How was he able to contact you? Didnt you block him? Do not contact him or return communication.
Reply 3
Original post by Magic Member
Technically it's a criminal offence.

I'd love to hear an explanation as to how this is a criminal offence.
Original post by Dheorl
I'd love to hear an explanation as to how this is a criminal offence.

If she's requests he doesn't make contact with her and he has no legal authority to do so, it's harassment.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Is this no contact an actual agreement i.e put in place by the courts or police?
If so report him to the ppolice pointing out he breached it.

How was he able to contact you? Didnt you block him? Do not contact him or return communication.

It's not an official agreement, I just made him promise not to contact me because he hurt me really badly and he has complied for the last 2 months and I made some good progress since then. That is why I was unpleasantly shocked when he contacted me today. I have been upset and crying since then.

I deleted but didn't block him, as I thought blocking was too harsh and that I could trust him to keep his word.
Original post by Anonymous
It's not an official agreement, I just made him promise not to contact me because he hurt me really badly and he has complied for the last 2 months and I made some good progress since then. That is why I was unpleasantly shocked when he contacted me today. I have been upset and crying since then.

I deleted but didn't block him, as I thought blocking was too harsh and that I could trust him to keep his word.

Well block him from now and remove him from all social media.
You may wish to send him a message telling him he is not to contact you under any circumstances as agreed and that if he does so you will consider it to be harassment and go to the police.

You need to be clear and firm about it so he doesnt get any encouragement and you dont send mixed messages.
You should have blocked him. Emotions run high post-breakup, and what's said isn't necessarily true. In his case, he couldn't hold to his promise. Been there, done that.

Block him now. It's not harsh, it's you taking the steps necessary for your healing and ultimate moving-on from the relationship. Whilst you still care for him, you need to think for yourself here.

Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Magic Member
If she's requests he doesn't make contact with her and he has no legal authority to do so, it's harassment.

If it's repeated and causes distress. So far the OP has only mentioned a one off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending