The Student Room Group

Special Consideration question?

Hi guys,
so I found out late last month that my brother passed away. He lived far away and was in foster care (long story)
But, although I haven't seen him since I was like 4, he's still my brother and I was and still am devastated. I didn't really 'know' him but still felt I had that sibling bond with him and ever since he's died I feel like a part of me is missing.
I'm in the midst of a -level exams right now and certainly feel that this news has effected my revision and exams to some extent and don't want this to stop me from getting into uni.
I've read you can get special consideration for stuff like this, but would I need to provide evidence? because if this is the case, I would not have access to this?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Talk to your exam officer about putting a claim in.
They can decide what evidence might be suitable.
Have you ot the support of your GP?
There are time limits, so you have to get the claim in quite quickly.

It cna be worth 3-5%. Most likely 3 or 4% in your situation.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to your exam officer about putting a claim in.
They can decide what evidence might be suitable.
Have you ot the support of your GP?
There are time limits, so you have to get the claim in quite quickly.

It cna be worth 3-5%. Most likely 3 or 4% in your situation.

Yes, I've looked into it and know i'd have to do it within a matter of days. Just out of curiosity do you think any of those percentages would make much of a difference? thanks for the reply
You have nothing to lose. If you are awarded it then it could make the difference between a grade, which counts for rather a lot.
Original post by ks96
Hi guys,
so I found out late last month that my brother passed away. He lived far away and was in foster care (long story)
But, although I haven't seen him since I was like 4, he's still my brother and I was and still am devastated. I didn't really 'know' him but still felt I had that sibling bond with him and ever since he's died I feel like a part of me is missing.
I'm in the midst of a -level exams right now and certainly feel that this news has effected my revision and exams to some extent and don't want this to stop me from getting into uni.
I've read you can get special consideration for stuff like this, but would I need to provide evidence? because if this is the case, I would not have access to this?

Thanks in advance :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4107245
For obvious reasons, you will have to furnish proof, since anyone could claim anything.

Quick Reply