The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology (B3) exam- 20th June 2016

With Triple Science exams next week, I am starting this thread to give revision tips, study help and discussing how you felt about the exam. My main question is what topics are likely to come up, especially as six markers?
Reply 2
How did everyone feel?

For the multiple choice question on the low level of progesterone, did you put menstruation or ovulation? What did everyone put for the ice age human migration one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1
How did everyone feel?

For the multiple choice question on the low level of progesterone, did you put menstruation or ovulation? What did everyone put for the ice age human migration one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

menstruation
Reply 4
Original post by caitlinford3
menstruation

I put ovulation as I was unsure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1
I put ovulation as I was unsure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When progesterone levels fall the uterus lining breaks down and so is lost through menstruation
what gas did you put for the very second question? and what percentage decrease did you get for the glucose
Reply 7
Original post by astronomer99
what gas did you put for the very second question? and what percentage decrease did you get for the glucose

I put oxygen first then crossed it out and put CO2. I'm not sure what the answer will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1
I put oxygen first then crossed it out and put CO2. I'm not sure what the answer will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put CO2 too
Reply 9
When progesterone levels fall the uterus lining breaks down and so is lost through menstruation

did you write that the woman was pregnant for the question that asked what does it mean about the woman who had high progesterone levels(on the graph)
Original post by D.SHA64
did you write that the woman was pregnant for the question that asked what does it mean about the woman who had high progesterone levels(on the graph)

Yep
i wrote that the egg was fertillised
do you think i would get the mark
Yep
Original post by D.SHA64
i wrote that the egg was fertillised
do you think i would get the mark

Depends what the mark scheme allows, its kind of on the same lines as being pregnant so possibly
any predictions for C3 6 markers
we think its going to be something on ethanol productions maybe, titrations or esters and soaps
what were the 6 marker questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending