The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by awascher
Anyone here who is going to work in north London?

I'm going to be based in North London
Reply 461
Original post by Diva1980
nadave..... I only just checked today but to tell u the truth the recruitment process has been very quick for me.... I got an email today asking for my proof of address, I sent it then a little while later I checked and it said offer confirmed...

Thank you. Just strange that I haven't heard anything back. Perhaps depending on the location they've started confirming offers...
When did u have your interview?
Reply 463
April
Original post by Filedundermisc
Anyone else here on the reserve list hoping to hear good news? Lol

I'm on the reserve list. I currently work for the Civil Service already and quite a lot of us at my place applied. I keep seeing pretty much everyone other than me picked off the reserve list and leave.
Original post by KottonKandi
The problem that I'm having at the moment is that I declared all my convictions on my application and at interview stage as well as submitting a self disclosure statement to support my application, however, after receiving my DBS I was surprised at the fact that it included information on it that I did not disclose as I didn't even know they existed.

I guess it depends on what the offence is and how different it is to what you told them. It's probably not black and white though, it'll be a case by case basis.

e.g. Let's say for example you told them you had 1 conviction for driving while disqualified. In actual fact on the DBS it would come up as more than 1 conviction. It would be driving while disqualified, driving while uninsured, driving without a valid licence etc.
Original post by EpicBrum
I'm on the reserve list. I currently work for the Civil Service already and quite a lot of us at my place applied. I keep seeing pretty much everyone other than me picked off the reserve list and leave.

I'm Civil service too! We have lost a lot of people to HMRC lately. I just want to leave!
Reply 467
I'm going to be based in North London

Me too. Where in North
Reply 468
For everyone who is on the reserve list, guys there is hope... While i was hopeless and reading comment on this forum every single day and checking my status on the website about 3 times a day, I received a call last week with an offer for north london to start on the 27 june... Keep the faith is not dead yet :smile: :smile:
Original post by Jo67
For everyone who is on the reserve list, guys there is hope... While i was hopeless and reading comment on this forum every single day and checking my status on the website about 3 times a day, I received a call last week with an offer for north london to start on the 27 june... Keep the faith is not dead yet :smile: :smile:

I never answer my phone haha. Hopefully they'd have the sense to leave me a message or just email me.
Oooh Joy! Thats great news. I picked N London as well. Can i ask your competency scores? I got 5565.

I am quite sad and check every day lol
Reply 471
Original post by EpicBrum
I never answer my phone haha. Hopefully they'd have the sense to leave me a message or just email me.

Hmmm i doubt it because they call with an unknown number so if you miss it and dont have a voicemail like myself then you wont even know who called you to even return the call .. So pls answer ur calls :wink:
Reply 472
Original post by Filedundermisc
Oooh Joy! Thats great news. I picked N London as well. Can i ask your competency scores? I got 5565.

I am quite sad and check every day lol

I scored 5466
Barnet.... What about u?
Original post by Jo67
Me too. Where in North

I'm going to be based in Barnet, what about you?
Original post by chocolatprincess
Nope. But I had a call last Thursday from Lewis stating that my pre employment checks have been completed and he gave me a start date of 18th July. He confirmed this in an email. But my status still says Provisional on the CS jobs website.

That's great news. Im still waiting on mine, I spoke to someone from the office today and they told me that there are a few still waiting also.
Those of you in North London, have you had your checks completed? Nothing for me still, even though have a start date. Called them on Thursday but still nothing. It's a bit frustrating.
Reply 477
I'm going to be based in Barnet, what about you?

Hendon
Original post by Jo67
I scored 5466

Oooh not too far away from my score then, ill keep hope alive!
Why would I want to work in a job where quotas and targets are based on (as well as finding people work) how many people you can sanction? (it seems that way.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending