The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Swapping courses within the uni

Hi all!

I'm wondering if anyone has swapped courses during their first week/semester/year or knows of anyone who has? I was just wondering how easy it would be and how well the uni excepts it?

I love the uni and defo want to stay, don't get me wrong. I've always been stuck between the choice of two courses and ultimately think I will be happy but just thinking if I get there and have a sudden realisation that I'm meant to be doing the other course.. Would it even be possible to swap?

Thanks so much guys!! 😊
I have changed courses but it was internally within the department (from physics to theoretical physics). It just involved a form to fill in, plus you may need to let Student Finance know. It's definitely possible to switch course, within or across departments, but you need to speak to whoever runs the course you want to do to see if you'd be allowed on it.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by AlesanaWill
I have changed courses but it was internally within the department (from physics to theoretical physics). It just involved a form to fill in, plus you may need to let Student Finance know. It's definitely possible to switch course, within or across departments, but you need to speak to whoever runs the course you want to do to see if you'd be allowed on it.

Thanks! :smile: If I do swap it would be to do a bsc biology.. My course at the moment is a bsc but in the health care facility not the sciences. So I don't know if that would be harder? Do you think it would be a good idea to phone them sometime this summer and just ask about the possibility. Don't want to seem uncommitted to my own course! But the whole situation is worrying me haha. The grade requirements were the same for physics and theoretical physics I'm guessing?
Original post by SunRiseAtDawn
Thanks! :smile: If I do swap it would be to do a bsc biology.. My course at the moment is a bsc but in the health care facility not the sciences. So I don't know if that would be harder? Do you think it would be a good idea to phone them sometime this summer and just ask about the possibility. Don't want to seem uncommitted to my own course! But the whole situation is worrying me haha. The grade requirements were the same for physics and theoretical physics I'm guessing?

I would definitely ask them about it, they'll be able to advise you. I don't know much about health care / biology degrees so I have no idea as to the overlap between the two!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending