The Student Room Group

Theoretical business decision Euro or GBP

This poll is closed

Convert to pounds or keep as Euros

Pounds 100%
Euros0%
Total votes: 2
So as we all know the eu referendum is will be over soon and id just like to know what you guys/gals would do as we may leave or stay in the EU this will affect the sterling if we leave or could if we stay

Theoretically you have £1000 would you convert it in to Euros (no tax) or keep it as Pounds?
That's a toughy, depends on the outcome. Implied volatility of sterling has reached levels not seen since financial crisis of 2008 so you can expect GBP to take a massive short term shock if we leave, in that case I'd go euro however if brexit is as bad as some say (which is unlikely) most currencies specifically Euro could take a hit as well
Original post by Proximo
That's a toughy, depends on the outcome. Implied volatility of sterling has reached levels not seen since financial crisis of 2008 so you can expect GBP to take a massive short term shock if we leave, in that case I'd go euro however if brexit is as bad as some say (which is unlikely) most currencies specifically Euro could take a hit as well

Yeah im not too sure but,me and the family are going on holiday and we are wondering if we should convert our money to euros now or convert later
Reply 3
Original post by GeorgeMillerr
Yeah im not too sure but,me and the family are going on holiday and we are wondering if we should convert our money to euros now or convert later

How did that work out for you George?
Original post by jneill
How did that work out for you George?

Quite well I have a nice amount of 500 Euros ready for the holiday that I converted pre-brexit
Reply 5
Original post by GeorgeMillerr
Quite well I have a nice amount of 500 Euros ready for the holiday that I converted pre-brexit

Lucky you.

Enjoy your holiday :smile:

Don't forget your passport. And EHIC.
Original post by jneill
Lucky you.

Enjoy your holiday :smile:

Don't forget your passport. And EHIC.

I wont, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending