The Student Room Group

psychopaths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zargabaath
Depends how bad your grades are, i image your score might distract employers from them if they were awful :lol:

Fair enough, I'll keep that in mind :biggrin:
Original post by Blondie987
Fair enough, I'll keep that in mind :biggrin:

What did you get anyway?
What did you get anyway?

36% I think?
I think it's because they usually go for high risk, adrenaline inducing things
tbf this test is hardly scientific :tongue:

Stop trying to disown the test because it called you a psychopath. LOL
Original post by ExamsAreOver
Stop trying to disown the test because it called you a psychopath. LOL

I got 48% lol, I already posted that
52%
75% That is probably not a good thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Blondie987
So I shouldn't declare my score on future job applications?

Top investment banking corporations allegedly use the psychopathic checklist to recruit psychopaths; they are calm under pressure, focussed, remorseless for financial losers and risk-takers (often bringing in huge profits to the company).
39%.

A lot higher than I expected. I only play dirty against someone else who plays dirty...
Reply 29
27%. Looks like I won't be psychopathic serial killer after all. Wooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
45%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.
Original post by Anonymous
Top investment banking corporations allegedly use the psychopathic checklist to recruit psychopaths; they are calm under pressure, focussed, remorseless for financial losers and risk-takers (often bringing in huge profits to the company).

Thank you for that information, now I know what to pretend to be :colone:
itt - autists who score highly on the psychopath test because it has a similar range of symptoms and edgy american psycho wannabes

psycopaths = people who are unable to control their violent urges and have often been to jail, most aren't very intelligent and just don't care about the consequences, so if you score highly on this test you probably need help, there's a bit of a difference with sociopaths some people say in that they don't feel empathy but can control themselves, furthermore recent studies are redefining psycopathy in that they can feel empathy just when they choose to so this test is probably inaccurate

I also got 61% feelsbadman
(edited 7 years ago)

Seems legit, why would they care about the company? The company is risking bringing on people with violent tendencies who have nothing wrong with stealing from the company or hurting their superiors to get to the top, it's possible to be very calm under pressure and also not have a mental illness like psychopathy
It is not a diagnosable condition; it's like autism in that one is either high or low on the spectrum.

1. What people 'psychopathy' and 'sociopathy' is actually a mental illness called Anti-Social Personality Disorder and it's definitely diagnosable.

2. Autism is also diagnosable.
24% :h:
I am not surprised The Financial Times is the Newspaper psychopaths are more likely to read :lol

Original post by thatgr
Seems legit, why would they care about the company? The company is risking bringing on people with violent tendencies who have nothing wrong with stealing from the company or hurting their superiors to get to the top, it's possible to be very calm under pressure and also not have a mental illness like psychopathy

Original post by thatgr
i
psycopaths = people who are unable to control their violent urges and have often been to jail, most aren't very intelligent and just don't care about the consequences, so if you score highly on this test you probably need help, there's a bit of a difference with sociopaths some people say in that they don't feel empathy but can control themselves, furthermore recent studies are redefining psycopathy in that they can feel empathy just when they choose to so this test is probably inaccurate

What you're saying is pretty extreme. A large amount of psychopaths are actually not violet criminals, and actually tend to be high functioning and successful people. There's a reason why many CEOs, bankers, city lawyers and politicians are psychopaths; they tend to be very charming, manipulative and ruthless, which helps them go far. It's definitely a stretch to say all psychopaths will be violent criminals. In fact, psychopaths tend to be highly intelligent, not unintelligent.
Original post by drowzee
24% :h:
I am not surprised The Financial Times is the Newspaper psychopaths are more likely to read :lol

What you're saying is pretty extreme. A large amount of psychopaths are actually not violet criminals, and actually tend to be high functioning and successful people. There's a reason why many CEOs, bankers, city lawyers and politicians are psychopaths; they tend to be very charming, manipulative and ruthless, which helps them go far. It's definitely a stretch to say all psychopaths will be violent criminals. In fact, psychopaths tend to be highly intelligent, not unintelligent.

People in investment banking etc. probably show psychopathic 'traits' not being a full blown psychopath, because being a full blowing psychopath does not mean that you're functional. It's also a myth that psychopaths are highly intelligent, they're of normal intelligence and plenty are of below average intelligence like your daily animal torturer

Johansson P, Kerr M, Psychopathy and intelligence: a second look., J Pers Disord. 2005 Aug;19(4):357-69. PMID: 16178679

"The key finding in this study is that psychopathic and non-psychopathic criminals, although not different in overall levels of intelligence, did differ in how high intelligence was related to the seriousness of misbehavior. For non-psychopaths, higher intelligence, particularly verbal intelligence, meant a later start in violent crime. For those diagnosed as psychopaths, however, high intelligence meant an early start in violent offending and more problematic behavior in and outside of institutions

other study i cba to paste link from - '4% among corporate CEOs' are psychopaths, not a particularly high number
(edited 7 years ago)
This test is ****ing stupid; too lacking, too streamlined, too generalised.

But I got a 45%.

Quick Reply

Latest